how did i miss the fact that there is a fish forum on mn???????????

(12 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 07-Feb-13 13:19:05

tell me about it, didn't know about sand until mid way through cycle ish though and had been spending a quid or two at local shop on gravel.

argos play sand (if).....when I'm allowed to set up a smaller tank for a betta

fighting a loosing battle with ramshorns atm and dp not so keen on a third tank although the second is a rescued goldie in a big box til it warms up a bit then he can go in a pond

seem to attract waifs and strays I do

EauRouge Thu 07-Feb-13 13:10:48

I've used play sand for years, it's the cheapest way to do it. Can't believe the prices some aquatic stores charge for gravel and sand!

lucysmam Thu 07-Feb-13 13:07:28

haha, I will have some one day
...spent a fortune on gravel though and dp might just shoot me if I swap to sand just yet grin

EauRouge Thu 07-Feb-13 12:51:08

<melts> I love dwarf corys. For some reason I have never had any. I wonder if I could set up a tank in the DDs' room....

lucysmam Thu 07-Feb-13 12:40:54

Eau,that's awful sad

my substitue is going to be a group of oto's...although I am keen on dwarf cories too

EauRouge Thu 07-Feb-13 12:14:03

They are spectacular when they are fully grown. There's a zoo near me that has one that they rescued from a bin sad

lucysmam Thu 07-Feb-13 12:07:20

I think the pleco is a lady....trying to work it out though is very hard when it spends all day playing hide and seek. whatever it is, is close to 10cm at a guess so definately can't stay much longer.... sad lovely fish too

Grumpla Thu 07-Feb-13 09:46:27

Hello smile I'm down to just one tank now, a rescue goldy and some WCMMs.

But once a fish geek, always a fish geek grin

EauRouge Thu 07-Feb-13 09:44:26

Aw, I used to have a rescue tank. How big is the plec now? Good luck rehoming him. I don't know why those plecs are still sold. sad

I was asked to sign a petition once to ban the sale of large reptiles, in an aquatic shop that had a tank full of baby pangasius hmm

lucysmam Wed 06-Feb-13 21:50:32

I have a 190l community atm, am currently working on increasing their numbers ....silvertip tetras, m praecox, two m boesemani that a friend didn't want, a male dwarf gourami and a couple of other not ideal rescuees.....bala shark, lone neon tetra and a pleco that I think may be a sailfin so will definately be re-homed soon

and.....I'm hoping dp relents soon and lets me have a second tank for a betta grin

EauRouge Wed 06-Feb-13 21:00:22

They stuck us in the basement where no sunlight can get to our pale, geeky skin grin

Hello, lucysmam. Tell us about your fish then. smile

I've downscaled over the years, all I have now is a 60 litre with 8 cherry barbs and some cherry shrimp.

lucysmam Wed 06-Feb-13 20:40:17

could have done with this yonks ago....

oh and by the way, hello fellow mn fishkeepers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now