is it "thespian week" in your secondary school?

(7 Posts)
Theas18 Thu 21-Mar-13 23:44:00

Ds has his school musical this week. Hrs got a big part and it's fab (out course lol).

A very good friend in a different county also has her daughter in a big musical at school.

Very frustrating as we would both love to go and see each others kids perform....

However, I can see from exam timetables etc that the half term leading up to Easter is absolutely about the only space for it for the gcse through to A2 kids.

Anyone else have major school productions going on?

RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 22-Mar-13 07:45:27

Nope, ours was in February.

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 22-Mar-13 15:29:31

Yup- DDS school production on this week. They have put on a full scale production of "Chicago" shock Saw it last night and it was absolutely amazing. The school has spent a fortune on an enormous lighting rig and sound desk- it was like a west end show. very very proud of her.

Just expecting the post show blues tomorrow- they have been rehearsing for the last six months so it will be a real downer tomorrow. Poor girl hasn't had a day off for three weeks as the last two weekends she has been at school doing full day rehearsals. ( Poor teachers too- so dedicated) But she has loved every minute of it!

Theas18 Fri 22-Mar-13 23:37:59

Bridgitbigknickers I bet that was great! I assume it's last night tomorrow and then the post show party?

Ds is taking his shaver to get rid if the moustache and little beard he's grown for the part-he's hating the facial hair but ouris brilliantly in character!

BrigitBigKnickers Sat 23-Mar-13 00:02:47

No last night was tonight- just got back. Lots of tears and hugs.

It was stunning! Never seen a high school production like it. Apparently they are the first high school in the UK to have been given the rights to perform it. But DD tells me the music teacher being friends with the person who owns the rights might have had something to do with it!

BrigitBigKnickers Sat 23-Mar-13 00:03:52

What show was he in Theas?

Theas18 Mon 25-Mar-13 10:16:26

Hi Bridgit

It was Me and My Girl. Not a "big name"show but since the Stephen Fry re write it's a good one. He was " Sir John" the equivalent to "colonel pickering" in my fair lady - a stuffy aristocrat with a kind heart who helps everything turn out right in the end, and along the way has some hilarious one liners and a great drunk scene LOL.

Fortunately the last night wasn't snowed off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now