I think it is time to stop using wrapping paper. What are the alternatives?

(77 Posts)
Meglet Fri 18-Dec-09 21:49:12

I'm going to be good and stop using wrapping paper once my current bits are used up, the sight of all of the waste in the bin after xmas (and birthdays) makes me angry sad.

Does anyone have any inspirational alternatives?

I'm off to google compostable paper to see it it exists........

Innat Thu 15-Nov-12 09:03:31

I reuse the kids pictures including the ones of a large roll of paper they have on a drawing board. Also I save the brown paper that comes in a lot of deliveries as packaging. It's great because it's perforated so you can tear it to the right size. I'm going to get the kids to Decorate it for Christmas paper.
I do always think I must look like a right weirdo though when there are loads of immaculately wrapped presses at a kids party and then ours in some random reused bit of paper! One year I saved all the full page pictures that were in the centre pages of the guardian (which was delivered to work everyday) for a few weeks before Christmas and these looked really good as wrapping paper.

Innat Thu 15-Nov-12 09:07:26

Oh just noticed the date on the OP! Wouldn't be surprised if I wrote exactly the same thing on this thread two years ago!
Oh well at least it's topical smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now