Our new house has no thermostat for the central heating, it only has a timer.

(27 Posts)
MadamAnt Thu 04-Dec-08 20:37:26

The radiators can be turned up and down, and the boiler also has a heat setting.

I've tried having it on for e.g. an hour early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon and a couple of hours in the evening, but it gets really cold inbetween times! Also, it's on permanently for those hours, regardless of how warm the house is.

I just can't work out what's the most efficient way to use it!

kingprawntikka Sun 21-Dec-08 21:08:18

Thank you very much Lizum , I will go turn the thermostat down a bit more !!

dalmation1 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:23:49

Help! Hi there i have also just moved house and renting - i have no thermostat on the wall like my previous place, where i kept it at a constant temp. Have been reading the threads from everyone about thermostat valves on the raidiators - i have these and was wondering if it is better for me to have my heating on all day or i'm able to programme my heating to come at 3 seperate times during a 24hr period. At the moment i'm programming the heating to come on in the early hours, then on at 7.00am other than that i'm just using button that will bring the heating on for 1hr each time it's pressed. I'm on pre-payment meters so any advice would be grateful - my partner feels the cold more than me - but it's over powering sometimes for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now