Making own cleaning products

(4 Posts)
ethelb Tue 11-Sep-12 20:46:25

I recently took an order of bicarbonate of soda soda crystals borax soap flakes and acetic acid.
I also have beeswax and almond oil for furniture polish and candle making materials and essential oils to replace air freshener.

I've had mixed results with some recipes found online. Ie hm laundry powder and descaling spray great. All prpose surface spray so so Enamel scrub crap and went all lumpy.

Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes?

bellabreeze Sun 30-Sep-12 01:43:35

I use bicarbonate of soda mixed with water to make a paste to clean the bathroom and kitchen, its great! Also this isn't homemade but tipping cola down the toilet works a treat to clean it.. half a lemon with some salt in it absorbs smells in the fridge

Bicarb, lemon and salt-cut a lemon in half, dip in salt and bicarb and you can use it to scrub and deodorise lots of stuff!

White vinegar is brilliant on its own for decaling.

Vinegar and lemon/citric acid powder diluted in water is fab as a spray for mirrors and apparently for washing floors but I prefer my steam cleaner!

And lemon juice and olive oil for furniture polish

Can you tell I love lemon!? (also mix it with salt as a facial scrub-I was dubious but it is v good)

BarbecuedBillygoats Wed 21-Nov-12 16:11:33

Cream of tartar is great on stainless steel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now