Would anyone be able to advise me on something please?

(4 Posts)
hatgirl Thu 03-Jan-13 23:35:59

yes just look at your payslips. This is fairly normal practice for temporary work, you get holiday pay included in your normal pay, but good practice would be that it was clear from your payslip that this is the case.

Just be certain that A) being on training hasn't been counted as 'holiday' and B) if you haven't taken holiday that you have been paid the holiday allowance (assuming your contract is now coming to an end)

Rockchick1984 Thu 03-Jan-13 22:34:32

It should be easy enough for you to look back and see if you have been paid for more hours than you worked one week. Have you gone back through your payslips and compared hours paid to the hours you physically worked?

MacAndCheese Thu 03-Jan-13 22:08:53

Bumping

MacAndCheese Thu 03-Jan-13 20:52:55

Hello,

Trying not to drip feed so please bear with me.
I am a Christmas temp. Contract started in early November. I work 20 hours a week.

My manager came to me in December and apparently I have a holiday entitlement of about a week (roughly)

Manager goes to HR to sort it out - according to HR I was given my holiday entitlement before I started on the department I currently work on - when I was completing my training for the role.

I am a tad confused because
a) surely you accumulate holiday entitlement as you work?
b) should I not have been informed in November that I was being paid for my holiday?
c) should my holiday pay be on my November payslip somewhere?
d) is there anything I can do?

Thank you thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now