I'm an idiot =l

(4 Posts)
maryjane57 Tue 13-Nov-12 18:15:33

So i'm completely pooping myself! I received a letter to go for an interview for a caring job next week that I really, really want. Problem is on my application for some reason which I can't get my head around (call it a moment of madness), I said I completed my 2yr course diploma. I did finish the first year and have my certificate but the second year I was having problems and ended up leaving 2mths before my exams (complete idiot I know).

On the letter it says candidates will be asked for proof of qualifications if the role requires them. The job essentials were Gcse's or nvq equivalent - I was 17 went I done my nvq's so god knows where my certificates are and as I said above about my diploma, or 6mths experience in a caring role which I def have.

TBH I know I was offered the interview because of caring experience but i've no idea what to do if they ask me for proof of qualifications because I just don't have it. Ugh so silly of me =(

DevaDiva Tue 13-Nov-12 21:23:48

Call them and explain your error? If its not an essential requirement for the position then you might be ok and from the viewpoint of the interviewer id rather know before the interview. You should be able to get copies of your quals from the awarding body, check their website. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

lechatnoir Thu 15-Nov-12 22:17:40

I agree you must call & explain you have made a mistake on your application - however embarrassing or difficult it may seem, it would be a whole lot messier if/when you get the job & are found out.

Don't overlook that the adverst required 6 months' experience OR a diploma. So they should not automatically deselect you for not having a diploma, I should think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now