Does anyone here have two children on bursaries in the same school?

(7 Posts)
bursarymum Sat 02-Mar-13 13:49:38

I have a child who gets a 50% bursary at a prep school. I would have been happy for her to go to a local state school that we applied to but she didn't get a place. She has been doing well at the prep school.

Her younger sister is due to start school in September. Again, I'm waiting to hear if she gets a place at the state school but it's possible she won't.

I have noticed that the prep school is running a campaign to encourage pupils to join the school this year which includes a bursary package. I am wondering if it would be worth applying for dd2 but had not thought of it before as I thought it might be a cheek when one already has a bursary! But the leaflets they are giving out at open day clearly encourage people to apply for a reception place based on the fact that the school are trying to make their school affordable.

What would you do?

trinity0097 Sat 02-Mar-13 15:47:55

No harm in asking!

tallulah Sat 02-Mar-13 16:02:32

I'd ask. They can only say no.

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 02-Mar-13 16:07:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyPeterWimsey Sat 02-Mar-13 16:22:57

Yes, we will from September. We couldn't afford to send even one child there so why would they think we could afford two?

bursarymum Sat 02-Mar-13 17:40:24

Thanks for replies - I guess there would be no harm in asking.

zumo Mon 04-Mar-13 08:28:57

We get a small discount for having two kids at the school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now