Queenswood school - Hertfordshire - Advise

(8 Posts)
julie10 Fri 01-Mar-13 14:34:52

Hi,
Im keen for my daughter to go here as a day girl. Does anyone have a daughter here that could give me some advise on the assessment papers they use? There is nothing on the website and not sure which scheme to follow to help her for the best??

mindingalongtime Fri 01-Mar-13 17:19:21

My DD's friend went there at 13, but boarded, she said it gave her the family she'd never had, but also a great education. She was head girl.

julie10 Sat 02-Mar-13 13:30:27

Thank you , that great to hear. I'm trying to find out about their entrance exam if anyone has any advise?

fairylightsinthesnow Sun 03-Mar-13 17:20:21

Can you not contact the school and just ask for past papers? If they say no, PM me and I'll see if I can put you in touch with a friend of mine who works there.

julie10 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:31:30

Yeah, you'd think it would be simple, but they said they don't issue them!
I'm hoping someone will see this who has a daughter who has sat the Queenswood exams. I'm just using Bond books but no idea if they will be similar.

julie10 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:32:55

Just saw you have a friend there. I'd be so grateful Ito get some further info? Thanks so much for your help.

Span11 Mon 11-Mar-13 18:41:10

What year group is your daughter looking to join? The assessment papers vary by year group.

BlissfullyIgnorant Thu 28-Mar-13 17:17:25

DD did the 11+ Common Entrance exams (English, Maths and Science) as well as their own paper, she thinks the questions were of a problem solving nature, but doesn't remember much about it.
She is very happy there and doing well. It's a really lovely and nurturing school. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now