Supply teachers !!

(8 Posts)

Definitely go and speak to the head. There might be a good reason for it & a strategy in place for them which they could explain to you

Msbluebozooka Thu 07-Feb-13 23:23:46

Girlsy, don't get me started on this one I thought it was great until! The big until I have an older child there and everything seemed to be fine, until the head started shuffling all the teachers around. To cut a long story short the reason my older child is fine is because he is actually very bright. The young DS
average if not below average but didn't find out until I had them both assessed (because no communication from supply teachers in year 3 ) due to bonding etc. So will have to take a step forward an speak to head, but I'm always scared of upsetting anyone in. Thx for your concern.

Either way they should be explaining why your child does not have a permanent teacher.
What's the communication from the school usually like?

Msbluebozooka Thu 07-Feb-13 22:10:44

Thank you for your replies, they did have one teacher who stayed for a few months but I think she moved to another town, to be honest we are all a bit confused. The most annoying thing is as you pointed out Ohhe good and bad in every job , one of the teachers they had was heavily pregnant and looked shattered everyday. Anyway I will take your advice and speak to board of governors. Thx

I am a supply teacher & go out of my way to make sure they follow everything the children are meant to be learning & get in early to look through their books and see where they re 'at'.

I try to learn all their names by the end of the day and generally try my best not to be a 'babysitter'.

However in your situation I would be wondering why they have had supply teachers so often.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Thu 07-Feb-13 21:54:36

Like any job there are good and bad supply teachers. We get the odd one who just "babysits" them - makes sure behaviour is ok but justs lets them get on with the cover work and doesn't really interact and teach as such (secondary). However we have some outstanding supply teachers - in some cases better than the full time staff. Ours fall in to two categories - old timers who are semi retired but still love teaching enough to do supply and young teachers hoping to get a job with us. Your dc could be lucky and have had really keen enthusiatic teachers. It us a shame there is no stable teacher for them to bond with. I think I would address this to the head or governors, especially if you can join forces with a few others... just see what the longer term plans are and why they havent appointed.

Euphemia France Thu 07-Feb-13 21:47:00

I was a supply teacher for four years. We're fully qualified teachers, so we should be teaching your DCs properly. smile

Do you know why there's no permanent teacher? Has there been a series of supply teachers?

Msbluebozooka Thu 07-Feb-13 21:30:05

My child is half way through year 3 and hasn't had one permanent teacher this year. Is there any teachers out there who can put my mind at rest and say this wont make any difference to DS education, myself and most of the other mums are really annoyed.Any feed back would be grateful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now