Abingdon prep - thoughts?

(5 Posts)
11112222 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:58:09

What I'm not sure about is how Ab prep is for not so typical boys. Mt ds likes sport, battle tactics, and making stuff. Also found a passion for art which is a v pleasant surprise. It might be good for less active boys, but I can't comment personally. They play lots of sports marches.
Seems to have a spread of wealth from strugglers to mega rich.
We are happy there.

Portlypenguin Fri 04-Jan-13 09:22:28

Thanks. I also thought the Dragon was very big and the parents I have come across seemed to be from rather further up the income scale than us! We liked the Manor a lot but would like to avoid moving schools too much if poss (I went to 6 schools and found it v disruptive)

OrangeLily Tue 01-Jan-13 17:33:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

11112222 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:29:15

Ab prep really good for boysey type boys. Loads of running around outside, and a curriculum to inspire boys.
Just my opinion.
Manor very 'lovely' school, but of course he'll have to move for y3 onwards.
Dragon was too expensive and too big for us to see ds there.

Portlypenguin Tue 01-Jan-13 17:20:50

I have one son and currently live in Oxford. We have decided to go private for school (long story...) and are considering moving out of the city in order to be able to afford more house for our money. We both work in the Oxford hospitals currently but this could change! DS would be starting age 4 in two years time.

I have been to see the dragon, new college, abingdon prep and the manor. DH and I liked abingdon best and we also like the idea of living in the abingdon area. Any experience of abingdon prep, good and bad????????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now