The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

i need to collect something today and seller hasn't responded

(6 Posts)
ChazDingle Sun 19-May-13 07:35:09

made a cheeky bid on something which i have won. Its a child's toy which usually goes for more but seller had put bad description so wouldn't be picked up by a search, i was just browsing. As i was only bidder i've won for 99p

its pick up only so i messaged seller last night that i need to pick up today as i'm going away tomorrow. They've not replied so not sure what to do, well don't suppose there is anything i can do cept keep checking ebay during the day. I am away till a week on tuesday so would be happy to pick up then but i suppose they will then report me as a non paying bidder. I can potentially get on computer on friday so i suppose if they have reported me i could pay though paypal and then pick up when i'm back- what do you think?

fergoose Sun 19-May-13 08:22:14

I would phone them. They probably don't want to sell if it went for too little. If they file non paying bidder you could just pay with paypal- but that is stupid of them as they should only take cash for a collected item anyway.

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

ChazDingle Sun 19-May-13 11:49:30

well she replied but they are not back till 6 and thats not so great as we tend to go for a little drink late sunday afternoon and really fancy a nice pint out in the beer garden, it could be the only hot day of the year!! I've said is it ok to pick up week on tuesday otherwise put a cancel though and i'll accept

SavoyCabbage Sun 19-May-13 11:51:59

I think you are quite restricted in when you can go and pick it up.

lljkk Netherlands Sun 19-May-13 16:56:47

yabvu to have a hot day wherever you are in UK. envy wink

ChazDingle Sun 19-May-13 23:06:03

she said its ok to go and pick it up when i get back so will do that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now