The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Me again. PayPal have put a debit of £270 on DH's account.

(10 Posts)
fergoose Sat 19-Jan-13 19:35:42

but are the refunds no fault refunds?

Item not as described cases.

They ask for partial refund, I refuse and ask for a return for a full refund.
Buyer escalates.
Ebay grants full refund, I never see item again.
Im a powerseller, have a rough idea what Im talking about wink

fergoose Sat 19-Jan-13 19:16:19

I think he is trying it on - so my advice is escalate away. Call his bluff. I bet he doesn't return them.

Monkey - I have never, ever heard of ebay giving back the sellers money without an item being returned, but I have heard of an ebay no fault refund. Are you saying buyers opened a not as described case and got a no fault refund or was it a not received case?

Except thats not true fergoose.

If he opens a case and it esculates, ebay can just issue a full refund without the item being returned.

Happened to me many a time, I have lost item & the money.

Ebay is fucking horseshit for sellers.

I see, is all this common practice now? Maybe he is just trying it on.

fergoose Sat 19-Jan-13 18:45:36

well tough in short - you escalate it and tell him to return for a full refund. ebay nor the buyer can force you to give a partial refund - so call his bluff and escalate it now and ask him to return. This is why most sellers will not offer a partial refund - no return, no money back. Do not be bullied by him

No he hasn't escalated it, how would it benefit him?

He doesn't actually want to return the speakers, he just wants money to fix a problem that could be cured by sucking the tweeter out with a vacuum.

He's already had his courier fee refunded because he was out when they tried to deliver them. I think he's on the take. He organised the courier so why not arrange it for a day you will be in?

Thank you for your advice.

fergoose Sat 19-Jan-13 17:34:37

the buyer has opened a not as described case? You would be best escalating it now tbh.

lljkk Sat 19-Jan-13 16:34:14

I wouldn't panic yet, Ebay have a procedure which involves normally freezing the seller's Paypal balance until the matter is sorted.

You are still demanding return of the speakers, right? And saying you will fully refund thereafter. That would be very reasonable.

Does this mean the seller has been refunded? No money has gone out of the bank.

Background, dh sold speakers. We strongly suspect seller damaged the tweeter lifting them out of the box.

Box undamaged in transit, buyer admits this.

Buyer wants £50-70 to fix tweeter.

Complaints have been made but not escalated yet as eBay want dh and buyer to sort it out between themselves.

So what does this mean then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now