This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ending auction and selling to highest bidder

(6 Posts)
fergoose Fri 11-Jan-13 08:30:48

and there is no need to end the listing and relist - but saying that is not within the rules is wrong. It will incur extra costs too.

fergoose Fri 11-Jan-13 08:29:46

you just cancel the bids and add a buy it now price

Locketjuice Fri 11-Jan-13 08:06:23

Yeah some one ended a dryer it was bidding I mailed her to say I could collect that evening as my brother was desperate and as I was te highest bidder she ended the auction when I arrived at her house for peace of mind

lagoonhaze Fri 11-Jan-13 07:56:45

You cant add a bin when there are bids.

You could end list and arrange private sale but this is very much against the rules.

Or you could end listing and relist with bin. Again not really within rules.

oneofeach2010 Fri 11-Jan-13 07:45:33

Just to add the amount they have currently bid is considerably less than what they are offering. Do they bid again, and then the inflated price is the amount they pay when owns the auction and offer it to the highest bidder?

oneofeach2010 Fri 11-Jan-13 07:25:42

I have a bundle of toys on auction at the moment and a buyer has contacted me to offer a BIN price, which I want to do legitimately through eBay. This person is currently the highest bidder.

I've read the info on the eBay site, but has anyone done this before and it been successful? Don't wanna end my listing and offer it to the highest bidder if it all goes wrong!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now