This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Would like a partial refund, seller refusing.

(7 Posts)
fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 14:59:45

no - they can pay voluntarily but you can't enforce it

open a case like I told you further up - ebay should hopefully give you a no fault refund then with no need for a return

I can't make them pay the return postage can I?

Thank you fergoose.

Bump

fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 14:48:41

no - full refund or nothing really. ebay can't force them to send a partial refund only a full one

if you open a not as described case within the resolution centre tick the box other and write next to it 'refund' - if you do this ebay may refund themselves and not require you to return the item

incidentally the seller should send items out clean - it is against the rules to send out dirty items

then of course you can leave appropriate feedback and stars

It was 14.99 plus 4.99 postage. I know that isn't a lot, but I really don't have a lot. Am I able to open a case for a partial refund? I don't want to send back at my own cost, that means I have paid nearly a tenner for a coat that is not suitable.

Received a vintage coat this morning that I had bought on eBay. I completely get that vintage clothing sometimes have a smell, I own lots of vintage. However this absolutely reeks of BO, the entire lining.

I contacted the seller immediately & asked for a partial refund for dry cleaning costs. She said that she sold it on behalf of a children's charity (can't help but think that is convenient, cynic) & she is unable to do a partial refund. She wants me to send back at my own cost for a refund. I want the coat, I just don't want a smelly coat. I would normally just sell on an item if it wasn't suitable, but there is no way I could sell it on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now