This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have been refunded but I won the item and I want it!

(5 Posts)
amysaidno Thu 29-Nov-12 18:56:09

Thank you all, you are all very helpful.

millymae Wed 28-Nov-12 22:58:57

I'm sure this sort of thing is quite common as something similar happened to me not so long ago. I made an offer for a buy now item that was rejected by the seller. It was subsequently put up for auction which I won at a lower price than I had originally offered. I paid immediately and several days later received a paypal refund (for a small amount less than I had actually paid) with a note attached to the effect that I was being refunded double the amount as a gesture of goodwill because unbeknown to the seller her partner had taken the item to a car boot sale and sold it there!!!.
I definitely smelled a rat and contacted the seller to say how disappointed I was that she didn't have the courtesy to contact me directly and that whilst I didn't want to be compensated I did want a refund of the full amount I had paid. The reply I got made no sense and needless to say I'm still waiting for my money. It's an amount not worth making a fuss about but the principle annoys me no end - I can't for the life of me see why I should end up out of pocket for an item I won at auction but didn't receive through no fault of mine.

I think your suspicions could well be right and in your shoes I might be tempted to thank the seller for letting you know about the damage and ask her to send you a photograph of it so you can decide whether you want to accept her refund ...........................

fergoose Wed 28-Nov-12 22:52:49
fergoose Wed 28-Nov-12 22:52:33

report as non performing seller. leave appropriate feedback & stars & refuse a cancellation request to stop her getting her fees back

and watch her re-list probably sad

http://community.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=1700050559&rw=true&anticache=1354143090200

and you aren't lucky to get your money back - you are entitled to it!

amysaidno Wed 28-Nov-12 22:09:38

I bid and won on a pair of shoes. It was a bargain I felt at £50 (retail price = £120) for shoes used once, but still, quite an amount to pay. I think I got lucky because the seller misspelled the make and type of shoe. Now the seller says she has noticed that the strap on one of the shoes is damaged I have been refunded. I have a sneaky suspicion that she was hoping for more for the shoes but I can't be sure. What can I do? Call her bluff? Say I will buy them at a reduced price? I am annoyed that I have been refunded with no discussion but I do appreciate I am lucky to not be out of pocket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now