The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Help - the saga of the peppa pig top continues

(34 Posts)
ontheedgeofwhatever Tue 20-Nov-12 17:53:31

For those not familiar with it the short version is I sold a top and the buyer claimed itwas stained, made lots of strange comments (eg it needed disinfecting, she was going to put it in a street bin as did not want it with her own refuse). She then claimed ot have sent it back and asked for £4.50 postage.

Anyway - I refunded and opened a cancellation request for the transaction which she did not respond to so I closed the case in order to claim fees A few days later I got a message asking why I'd not refunded her the £4.50 postage which I responded to saying top had not arrived with me and to claim compensation from royal mail and heard nothing

I've now received the following message

You are clearly lying about not receiving the top back. I sent it ages ago its had plenty of time to arrive. If I don't receive my £4.50 within the next 48 hours I will take an action in the small claims court against you and you will be liable for my costs as well I will also be claiming for the disappointment caused to my little girl who was really looking forward to receiving the top and has been very upset ever since your refund goes no where near compensating her for her distress at the very least you should have provided another top as I suggested at the time. YOU HAVE 48 HOURS THE CLOCK IS TICKING

What the hell do I reply to this one? She's clearly bonkers.

Eyes up bottle of wine on the side grin

Any news? Are you ok? Has the top arrived in the post grin?

lagoonhaze Sun 25-Nov-12 18:29:41

tick tock

I'm really sorry that you are out of pocket and we are all getting free entertainment, it seems wrong some how.

I also think DD would love to be able to make a claim for disappointment against us as we are constantly disappointing her. We certainly don't need strangers on the internet to do that for us.

CelineMcBean Thu 22-Nov-12 21:30:59

<<rubs hands gleefully>>

She truly is the goon that keeps on giving...

LineRunner Thu 22-Nov-12 19:13:36

I'm fascinated.

I'm betting it's all a stupid scam.

Well, the 48hr deadline is getting ever nearer. It must be a terrible worry for you OP. grin

Have you heard anything from Ebay yet?

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Wed 21-Nov-12 20:55:03

Arf at Saggy

OOH, its like 24!
The clock is ticking, TICK TOCK Keiffer Sutherland is desperately trying to issue an Ebay refund fo £6.30, TICK but the odds are against him! TOCK As time runs out the threat fo small claims court looms, TICK will he succeed in time to save this little girl from her anxiety, TOCK and emerge with his feedback rating intact?

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Wed 21-Nov-12 14:25:15

See, this is why I know give my old clothes to charity! eBay is populated by bloody nutcases!

Catsdontcare Wed 21-Nov-12 14:18:52

Email her back tomorrow "24 hours TICK TOCK"

shock

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Tue 20-Nov-12 20:21:39

Fantastic.

SwedishEdith Tue 20-Nov-12 20:11:00

Just email her back--don;t really-- I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

I bet there is no daughter anyway

Mirage Tue 20-Nov-12 20:08:10

Lets hope nothing serious ever befalls this person.All this performance over a Peppa Pig top.Please pm me her user name too,so I can block the loon.

ArtexMonkey Tue 20-Nov-12 18:41:57

LORD.

WandaDoff Tue 20-Nov-12 18:19:24

What a nutter.

I had a little giggle at "THE CLOCK IS TICKING". grin

ontheedgeofwhatever Tue 20-Nov-12 18:07:33

Will ebay actually be helpful once they've stopped laughing?

ontheedgeofwhatever Tue 20-Nov-12 18:05:54

Its was £2.80. I think I will just ignore and respond should I be lucky enough to receive court papers. Better yet I might go to court - it will be funny because she'll be told off by the judge for wasting court time (Ive seen this happen for far larger sums)

Her poor dd - never mind the peppa pig top imagine having a mother like that

Wow. Yes, she's bonkers.

I'd reply with "See you in court!" as she's clearly got a scam going on there and is trying her luck BUT it's probably more sensible not to reply to her yourself. See what the Ebay team have to say first. Explain what's been going on and forward all communication to them. Hopefully they'll investigate, find she's got form for this and that'll be the end of it.

I have piles of clothes here that I keep threatening to Ebay but threads like this completely put me off!

SecretCervix Tue 20-Nov-12 18:04:20

Small claims court? For £4.50.

I am sorry I can't stop laughing, block the daft bint and move on, she is crazy.

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 18:03:54

btw has she left you feedback yet? If she does mentioning small claims court it can be removed

Katiekitty Tue 20-Nov-12 18:03:39

With the weirdness of ebay, I sometimes wonder if behind it, many buyers/sellers are sitcom writers who can't imagine up storylines.

This is such a case.

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 18:02:17

and I guess the top you sold only went for a couple of quid if that?

Katiekitty Tue 20-Nov-12 18:01:40

Oh my giddy aunt. I feel your pain.

Does Peppa Pig Loon have any tracking? No.
Can she proove she sent top? No.
Let her take you to Small Claims Court. She is on a hiding to nothing.

Do not engage with her, but keep all e-mails.

Where did the 48 hours thing come from?

You have the power of MN behind you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now