The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Feedback dilemma on two sold items - do I take the high road?

(9 Posts)
PurpleFrog Tue 20-Nov-12 10:06:42

You can use "Sell similar" on laptops, although you have to be careful what information you inherit from the original listing. I did this recently with a Baby Annabell doll's carrycot and didn't notice until the tranaction was complete that it had been done as a "Private Listing"! grin

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Tue 20-Nov-12 09:47:38

I prefer the iphone app to the laptop, they have sell similar moet, also CI if you search for a similar item you can use sell similar, so it picks up category etc and its lot easier to sell with.

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 08:49:55

I've just left you a reply on the other thread - you can't leave her a neg, and if you leave a follow up to the comment she left you - you are only drawing attention to it.

MoetEtPantsOn Tue 20-Nov-12 04:39:54

Thanks for replying. No rush I guess, although am just irritated about having the negative comment at the top of my list of comments, with no option to respond. I will list lots of other nice things and block her as a bidder. That'll learn her.

Iphone app is OK - although I don't think you can do the 'list another one like this" option, which makes things take a bit longer.
As I learned with this buyer, it's also not as easy to see other people bidding on your items. Still is good to be able to take photos and upload the listing in one hit rather than finding the camera cable, connecting up, uploading photos etc...

ChippingInLovesAutumn Tue 20-Nov-12 02:45:16

grin

What's the iphone eBay app like for searching/buying etc?

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Tue 20-Nov-12 01:46:36

LOL CI! I have about 5 listings in that position, where there is no feedback! I always leave feedback, I find the iphone app great for ebaying as it just picks up the last feedback you left, so great ebayer fast payment tends to work quickly.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Tue 20-Nov-12 01:42:40

Wait. There's no hurry to leave the FB.

Izzy - as a buyer I always wait until the seller has left feedback, because they (generally) finish their end of the sale first (getting their money) and some sellers aren't very good at /motivated to leave feedback. We could end up in a 'grid lock' grin

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Tue 20-Nov-12 01:30:56

wait! you dont have to leave feedback straight away, I have a policy of not leaving feedback (as a seller), until the transaction is complete, which for me is once feedback has been left.

MoetEtPantsOn Tue 20-Nov-12 01:24:32

I recently sold a few items. The same buyer bought two things in auctions that ended a week apart. I have a standard note on all items to request payment within 3 days.

The buyer didn't tell me that she was bidding on the second item, so I chased her after 5 days about the first item (a pair of baby haviana flip flops) and eBay also seemed to send an automatic reminder. She let me know about bidding on the second item so I agreed to wait. She was openly irritated with me and asked me to take the "payment not received" off her account. I had not put on there (must have been the eBay auto reminder that made her think that).

Anyway - she has now left me feedback on one of the items - she has selected "positive" but left a negatively worded comment about one of the items not being clean. So I can't respond. Ideally I'd say something more carefully worded than, but along the lines of: "It was a pair of baby flip flops, you had 3 photos clearly showing the condition and they had just been through the washing machine so were clean actually". Yet I can't respond to the feedback she left because it was "positive" so it's stuck on my record.

I haven't left feedback for her yet. I'd like to say that she was slow to pay and had rubbish communication feeling aggrieved. However, if I leave her something like that, I run the risk of her saying something worse or leaving negative feedback against the other item, which she has not yet completed the feedback on.

So what do I do - rise above it, sell some more stuff and move the comment down my otherwise flawless record or what? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now