The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

I sold a pair of shoes on thursday, Ive just had the buyer call me at home...

(9 Posts)
expatinscotland Mon 19-Nov-12 13:48:22

This is why I don't sell on Ebay anymore. Stop responding to this nutter via email. If he rings again, have your husband tell him he has been informed of the tracking number, please stop ringing.

VIX1980 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:42:30

Please do tel how you remove your phone number, had 2 emails this morning already 1 to say could i call him back as he was increasingly worried he hadnt recieved the shoes, i then sent a reply with the tracking number information, then had another email telling me thanks and if id just of let him know i hadnt posted them yet he wouldnt have been so anxious. hmm. did i not say this when he first paid for them on friday afternoon and told him id post them monday.

Im now scared to think what he actually wants these shoes for. They are ladies platforms by the way shock

LineRunner Mon 19-Nov-12 08:29:54

I think we should all remove our phone numbers.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mon 19-Nov-12 08:00:12

How annoying, I hate ebayers like that.

I had a call once with a complaint about something I had sent, they said the postage was 30p less that I had quoted and could I have a refund or else they would leave neg feedback !!!

I went into my details after that a removed my phone number from the records.

VIX1980 Mon 19-Nov-12 07:03:53

Thanks, I thought that ebay had to wait for a certain amount of time before giving out information, obviously not though.

In 10 years of selling on there, this as made me think twice about using it.

Havingkitties Sun 18-Nov-12 23:53:53

He sounds like an eBay nutter! Make sure you send that item trackable/recordable as people who are over the top about where an item is or when it has been sent are often up to no good eg claiming they didn't receive it when they did.

LineRunner Sun 18-Nov-12 19:27:45

Your guy should have been told to email you.

Sorry, making no sense this evening.

LineRunner Sun 18-Nov-12 19:26:57

Oh God, that sounds really stressful. I hate the way ebaY 'customers ervices' thinks it's a great idea to generate standard emails to buyers and sellers saying 'Why don't you phone them up?'

Your guy should have told to email you, not phone, and to wait the advertised time before freaking out.

VIX1980 Sun 18-Nov-12 18:34:01

To ask where they where. I know you can ask for user information but surely a normal person would wait a few days, perhaps email first.

I did explain i have a 5 month old baby so cant get to post office every single day, i go monday wednesday and friday. He didnt pay until friday afternoon so hadnt got round to emailing him to say i would post out monday.

So far he has left a message on my answerphone this morning, then when my husband came home from work he called again and spoke to him asking for me to call back as it was urgent.

Im really worried that he has got my number so quickly to be honest as he seems a bit odd. Wouldnt mind but the brand new shoes only cost £2.65! what is up with some people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now