This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer wants item sent to non confirmed uni address WWYD?

(5 Posts)
RachelHRD Sun 11-Nov-12 20:37:25

just sold an ipod nano to a new buyer, zero feedback and she has paid immediately with paypal but has then emailed saying she just realised her paypal address isn't the address she wants it sent to as she is at uni and has given me a valid sounding uni address.

not keen to send to an unconfirmed address esp as I haven't allowed for recorded delivery as the item has only sold just over the Royal mail amount you can claim for lost post.

WWYD say no or say pay extra for recorded and send to alt address???

fergoose Sun 11-Nov-12 20:46:58

no you must only send to the address given in paypal and you must send with a signature, regardless of how much you charged for postage. If over £46 it will need to be special delivery or courier otherwise you lose all seller protection.

queenebay Sun 11-Nov-12 20:50:33

Refund her and tell her to change her address with PayPal. Do not send it to a unconfirmed address and also don't waste your money with recorded delivery-it's not a guaranteed service. Uses a courier like click and collect or parcel monkey.

sarahtigh Sun 11-Nov-12 21:34:08

she can add her uni address to paypal, i would definitely send signed for in this case as tech equipment is known for going missing, if it sold for £52 and limit is £47 i would still send just signed for but you would not get whole amount back obviously

RachelHRD Mon 12-Nov-12 10:49:13

Thanks all. I advised her that I could only send it to her confirmed address which she is happy with thankfully!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now