This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller on Ebay does not want to give us the item we bought

(59 Posts)
BornToShopForcedToWork Mon 08-Oct-12 16:35:30

Hello,

We bid on a buggy on Ebay Anderson the auction. It is a nearly new buggy but we go it a lot cheaper than it costs in the shops. I have now contacted the seller to ask when we can pick it up but I can not get an answer. Problem is our old buggy is already sold and gets picked up on Friday.

AIBU to contact Ebay?what are my legal rights?

Walkacrossthesand Wed 10-Oct-12 22:59:38

Yes, why? I've done a bit of e-baying & I preferred paypal even for collection items - didn't want some fly character winning the auction then sucking teeth & trying to beat me down on price when they cane to collect.

Tamisara Wed 10-Oct-12 23:06:21

Because an unscrupulous buyer can quite easily open a paypal claim, citing item not received. As you will not have proof of delivery with online tracking (the only proof that paypal will accept) then you will have to refund, losing bothe the item & the money.

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Thu 11-Oct-12 00:03:23

Oh right! I suppose if you had the balls you could photograph them receiving it and make them sign a receipt...

Smeghead Thu 11-Oct-12 02:21:24

I am still confused. If it hasnt been collected, how does the OP know it is dirty? How is the fact that she has a washing machine relevant? Is the fact that it is dirty the reason it is cheap?

Completely all at sea here!

FWIW, I prefer to pay by Paypal in all cases, in case the item I collect is faulty/fake/whatever. That way I can get my money back if needs be. But.....I never allow others to pay that way if I am selling a collection only item! Double standards much? wink grin

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Thu 11-Oct-12 08:22:38

The pic must have shown a grubby pram....

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Thu 11-Oct-12 08:23:03

I wont do collection as I just don't want strangers turning up at my door.

BlueberryHill Thu 11-Oct-12 10:52:45

Bigwitch, unfortunately I don't think paypal even accept a signed receipt from the buyer or photos, just tracked delivery.

I've had two items collected, no problem really. If someone does want to haggle about the price they are the ones who have travelled using their time and money to do so, you can still say no. I do agree, I don't want to do much of it, strangers at the door is a bit worrying.

KatMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Oct-12 11:20:29

Hi there, we've moved this thread into Ebay. Thanks.

fergoose Thu 11-Oct-12 11:23:41

yes you must never ever take paypal for a collection item - a photo or signed receipt mean absolutely nothing

I cannot believe someone would pay £300 for a dirty buggy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now