This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller on Ebay does not want to give us the item we bought

(59 Posts)
BornToShopForcedToWork Mon 08-Oct-12 16:35:30

Hello,

We bid on a buggy on Ebay Anderson the auction. It is a nearly new buggy but we go it a lot cheaper than it costs in the shops. I have now contacted the seller to ask when we can pick it up but I can not get an answer. Problem is our old buggy is already sold and gets picked up on Friday.

AIBU to contact Ebay?what are my legal rights?

ophelia275 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:01:50

This is a really confusing thread OP.

If you have paid for this pushchair by Paypal then you can claim non receipt and get your money back after a certain amount of time.

You can also get her contact details from ebay. All of this can be done by going to the Paypal website for your refund and ebay for her telephone number/contact details. If you have done a bank transfer then you probably are not going to see the money again unless you take her to court.

Loie159 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:34:33

Tbh eBay will make you give the seller the benefit of doubt if you only just bought it.... As others have said she might be away or even have problem with Internet connection. Did you check you would be able to pick it up before Friday? I have a personal eBay shop and one for my business and when I do allow collections it's not just when the buyer feels like it...... She may well have not been able to give it to you until the weekend. Tbh YABU to think the seller has to fit around you unless this was specifically arranged before you win the item. If it has been several days then contact eBay customer support as they are amazing and so so helpful .

I once sold a Gucci bag on eBay and the day the listing ended I went into premature labour . DS was then v ill and kept in hospital for almost a week and I could not contact seller...... So sometimes there are genuine reasons for non contact. eBay will help you

sookiesookie Mon 08-Oct-12 19:41:50

I am still confused about why the OP has bought it.

Since she doesn't have children but is a nanny. Is this usual? That nannies buy their charges equipment?

When did you pay for it?!

"Is this usual? That nannies buy their charges equipment?"

No Sookie...well, I bought mine a fruit pouch this morning and a tshirt last Tuesday but I generally won't buy a £300 buggy wink

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Mon 08-Oct-12 23:57:46

She might not have updated her details for a while.

BornToShopForcedToWork Tue 09-Oct-12 00:07:59

Just to clear things up: yes I am a nanny but I manage this sort of things for my employers.

When did you pay for it?

lljkk Tue 09-Oct-12 05:22:40

Can you just clear up when you paid for it via Paypal?

Leena49 Tue 09-Oct-12 05:57:23

I hate this about eBay. I've had this done to me. It's put me off eBay buying. I don't think eBay do enough to stop it.

BornToShopForcedToWork Tue 09-Oct-12 08:01:30

Paid with Paypal. Still its annoying. You can have a reserve if you want to get a certain amount.

Request the seller's contact details from eBay and phone them.

GobTheGoblin Tue 09-Oct-12 10:43:58

But when did the auction end Born? When did you contact her? If it only ended yesterday then YABVU. If it was a week ago then YANBU.

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Tue 09-Oct-12 10:44:16

What people want to know is WHEN THE AUCTION ENDED> sorry to shout but we keep asking so that we can advise better and you keep ignoring the question.

BornToShopForcedToWork Tue 09-Oct-12 11:54:12

Sorry,

It ended last week on Thursday.

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Tue 09-Oct-12 13:11:51

Ok well that's more than long enough....report this to ebay....now.

lljkk Tue 09-Oct-12 14:18:21

So it ended on Thursday & you paid... no later than Friday? If so, by now, seller should be replying so I would move to open a dispute.

BornToShopForcedToWork Tue 09-Oct-12 15:32:48

I paid 1min after i won the auction by
Paypal.

DoingTheBestICan Tue 09-Oct-12 15:50:23

You can request her contact phone number from eBay,I had to do this once when a handbag I bought was delisted a day after I had won and paid for it.

Turns out it was a naughty teenager trying to pull a fast one,I rung him up and told him I would report him to the police if he didn't send me either my money or bag.

I got my money back.

Bananapickle Tue 09-Oct-12 15:54:27

Go through EBay Buyer Protection, it's really good and easy to use. We used them when we got sold a dodgy product and it got sorted within a day.

ImagineJL Tue 09-Oct-12 17:18:03

It's very straightforward. You open a dispute, and they sort it all out for you. You will have either the buggy or your money back within a week.

BornToShopForcedToWork Tue 09-Oct-12 18:11:44

Hello, turned out family was on holiday
But will be back tomorrow when I can pick the buggy up. Thx for all your help. I did not know that i can request number from ebay.

lljkk Wed 10-Oct-12 07:59:30

Sheesh, how daft of them! I guess it goes with the disorganisation of posting pix of a muddy buggy.

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Wed 10-Oct-12 22:30:04

They must have forgotten the eejits!

Tamisara Wed 10-Oct-12 22:49:16

I just can't believe the sellers have accepted paypal for a collection item [shocked]

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Wed 10-Oct-12 22:55:19

why?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now