Please let me know of any of you still have your ex on the mortgage ( in name only) and how it works?

(3 Posts)
Seth Thu 16-May-13 13:38:27

Just that really. We have agreed on a figure for me to buy him out with but I need him to stay on the mortgage as I don't earn enough on my own.

Did you tell your bank and if so were they ok with it? Also have you agreed a date between the 2 of you that you'll release him?

We are stuck on this point ( he is saying he's happy to stay on it for 2 years) . I have met someone else and it's going well but I don't want to bank on him being on it as relationships can fail ( as we all know) .

If you could offer any experience of this that would be great.

angel1976 Mon 20-May-13 20:36:38

Watching with interest for answers as I just went to see my solicitor today and she also advise the same as I do not earn enough for the mortgage. Sorry to hear you are in the same situation!

BabyHMummy Mon 20-May-13 21:18:33

Seth talk to your mortgage provider, they may agree that if you keep up payments for X months they will agree to let you take on the mortgage. This is how its working with me and my ex (i am.one.who left him) its also how a friend of mine and her ex have done it
Hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now