Divorce questions

(11 Posts)
flamingnorah Fri 08-Feb-13 13:51:46

If your ex refuses to sign the papers what happens next ?
He's point blank refusing to sign ! Why is anyone's guess can I divorce him anyway ?

flamingnorah Tue 05-Feb-13 21:11:08

Thanks now I know this I will be on the case permanently !!!

mumblechum1 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:58:42

Nope. If they don't respond within 2 weeks it's up to you to chase them. As mentioned earlier, the court don't really do anything pro-actively, you have to manage the whole thing.

flamingnorah Sun 03-Feb-13 13:20:41

It does I can't believe he's not done it !!
We have been going through mediation and everything !
Also I thought the respondent had 2 weeks in which to reply and if they don't they get issued again ? That's what I was told

mumblechum1 Sat 02-Feb-13 02:20:47

Sounds like a plan smile

flamingnorah Fri 01-Feb-13 13:17:12

Well it turns out the divorce papers never made it back to the court !!!
My ex swears blind he signed and posted them ,so the court are sending duplicate copy and I'm going to watch him sign it then hand deliver it back to the court !

flamingnorah Thu 31-Jan-13 13:40:08

Brill thanks I will ring them up

mumblechum1 Thu 31-Jan-13 12:50:31

Yes. The court are supposed to have sent you a sealed copy.

flamingnorah Thu 31-Jan-13 12:39:55

Thanks he signed the papers that were sent to him but I've recieved nothing .
Do I need to ring the court?

mumblechum1 Thu 31-Jan-13 12:34:20

He's supposed to have returned the Acknowledgement of Service to the court, and they then send you a sealed copy. If you haven't had this yet you need to tell him to get a move on.

Once you have the sealed copy of the acknowledgment you file your application for decree nisi. It was called Request for Directions for Trial until around the time I retired in 2012, can't remember the new name for it.

But basically you fill in and sign two forms, with a copy of the acknowledgment of service form and send that to the court. They're passed on to the District Judge who usually sets the case down for pronouncement of decree nisi.

The court doesn't do anything unless you ask it to, you hve to be quite pro-active.

flamingnorah Thu 31-Jan-13 12:31:02

I took my divorce papers into court in October and paid the court fees , the papers were sent for ex to sign which he did .
We are currently in mediation and that we couldn't be fitted in for out last session till early march !!!!
So what's going on with the divorce should we have had a nisi by now ? I know you don't get the absolute untill all financial matters are sorted .
Once they are will it be a quick end or ... I'm a bit confused by the process so if anyone can help I'd be grateful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now