new to mums/dads net

(48 Posts)

hi there joined after recomendation from a friend.
so i thought i would come and say hi
oh in muday btw and is there a dcitonary any where on the site ???hmm

HecAteTheEasterBunny Tue 07-Apr-09 15:44:36

Nah, why keep the dad in? Take it out. It doesn't matter if you're a man or woman.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 07-Apr-09 16:29:20

There was some debate recently elsewhere (yes in AIBU, occasionally you just get sucked in) and most Dads said they used Dad because they felt they didn't want to mislead.

HecAteTheEasterBunny Tue 07-Apr-09 16:32:47

Mislead?

I don't get it.

Because it doesn't matter what gender the poster. It's just chat on the internet.

TrillianEAstraEgg Tue 07-Apr-09 16:42:04

Some people think it does matter, apparently.

<shrugs>

HecAteTheEasterBunny Tue 07-Apr-09 16:43:29

Really? How odd. It's words on a screen. [boggle]

Nowt so queer as folk! grin

Marthasmama Tue 07-Apr-09 16:48:33

Hello singledad. I see you live in Rochester. We live in sunny Gillingham! There is a local page and we often talk about meeting up etc. My DH has signed up recently so he'll be another Medway dad and he's ALWAYS up for a pint! wink His MN name is MMsDishyDH.

thank you all for the welcome. hey it might be nice to be stalked wink
Marthasmama, thank you was tryign to find the local bit but was struggling and was late a night.
my kids (DC?) are boy 5 on sunday gone and daughter 3 tomorrow. got reseidencey order in Jan 08 due to mum negleting them been hard but their health and wieght has improved.
i am struggling with potty training no 2's tryign rewards and bubble blowing without sucess DD just dont wnat ot do it on the loo and going throuhg knickers at an unbelivable rate, and her movements arent regular

Marthasmama Wed 08-Apr-09 17:24:09

Oh dear, thats sad to hear singledad, but I'm glad they're doing well now. Our ds is 5, 6 in the Summer. Ah, potty training! It's fun isn't it? We've got to go through that again as dd is 6 months tomorrow. There's always plenty of people to ask for help with potty training on here. There is a wealth of knowledge on MN!!! Here is the Medway page.

Cadbury Fri 17-Apr-09 14:32:11

Hello and welcome from another Medway person (I'm in Chatham) I've been on MN for years but don't get much opportunity to post these days (3 kids, barely time to breathe). It's a great place and I hope you'll find it very helpful and make some good friends here.

<pops over to Medway page>

candyfluff Thu 30-Apr-09 08:47:02

welcome singledad

thank you everyone for the welcome, taking your advice and staying well clear of AIBU except to "lurke" and LOL hehehehe

Maninadirndl Fri 22-May-09 10:12:28

Hi there, I am also new on here as a stay at home Dad in Germany to a five and three year old.

Echo the advice on AIBU. I went in there unwittingly with an opening "I dislike McDonalds" thread. The place quickly turned into a coven.

SilkySilky Sat 04-Dec-10 19:55:41

Just joined tonight, and the abbreviations are great fun!

eg, just read: "My DP is a SAHM and I'm a WOHM" - i am having fun guessing what WOHM may stand for!!

extremepie Fri 12-Aug-11 17:08:16

hello im a writer who is about to be published so im here to talk about other dads

smile

ChrisPBacon Fri 12-Aug-11 17:13:11

What????

ExpatDad Wed 24-Aug-11 14:26:58

Hello all, I'm new here too and a new(ish) dad. I couldn't find a general introduction thread.

Pan Thu 25-Aug-11 14:59:26

Hello, ExpatDad.
No intro. threads here I dont think. Just toughen your skin and get stuck in, is the way to go. And expect a LOT of swearing.

Honeydragon Thu 25-Aug-11 15:08:37

Pan

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate the fucking swearing! It might put people off wink

Hi Expat Dad <waves>

RedDad Fri 09-Sep-11 15:17:01

Hi I'm new here too. Joined after hearing the name touted a few times. Oddly almost everytime followed by "watch out though LOL".

crazynanna Fri 09-Sep-11 15:26:22

Welcome smile

How come my smilies do not have rabbit ears? <wails>

mistlethrush Fri 09-Sep-11 15:32:32

Its not Easter and its too early for the haloween hats

rikdabik Tue 13-Mar-12 13:23:19

Ok, here goes. I'm a dad. I'm new here and not sure whether this website is the right place to be, but was hoping you mums out there might help me.

My eldest turns 18 in September. Some say I've been over protective. You see, the only time she went out of the house was for school, or with me or mum or both. I don't think she is naive, she's sensible but very vunerable. She's not streetwise. You get the picture? She's recently got a part time job and has to get the bus, and I'm fine with that, but now the bombshell...her friends all want to go to Cyprus next year when the last of the friends turn 18. I know they all drink, my daughter does but only under supervision from her mum or me, and then it's not a lot to get herself legless. I've said no! My daughter is fine with that but you can understand her friends wanting to know why we've said no. I feel I shouldn't have to explain myself, and if they are true friends, then they should accept the fact my daughter can't go. I know I have to let go one day, but whilst there is no adult that I trust joining the girls, I have to say no. What do you say?

Please don't beat me up! I'm hurting with the thought of my daughter one day going it alone. The world is a bad place and I want to protect her for as long as I can!

vvverbatim Sat 17-Mar-12 08:43:20

I'm new here too.

Rik - does your daughter want to go to Cyprus with her friends? My eldest daughter was 16 and wanted to go with a group of her friends to a music festival. I was torn, but felt that it was something she needed to do. I'd been taking her to gigs since she was about 11 so I knew she was used to being in an adult environment. She came back in one piece anyway. My daughter is 20 now, away at uni and she's full of confidence. It's hard to let go, but it's important not to be obstructive. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now