new to mums/dads net

(48 Posts)

hi there joined after recomendation from a friend.
so i thought i would come and say hi
oh in muday btw and is there a dcitonary any where on the site ???hmm

JaquelinehydeAllTheEggs Mon 06-Apr-09 23:06:57

Welllll helloooooo and welcome to the world of MN.

Any questions just ask... oh apart from the one about a dictionary grin

FWIW I don't think we have a dictionary but some clever old sod will be along soon to let you know for certain.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 06-Apr-09 23:07:33

Click on usefull stuff. There is a list of acronyms.

JaquelinehydeAllTheEggs Mon 06-Apr-09 23:08:03

see told you so!

GumsNRoses Mon 06-Apr-09 23:09:17

Hi and welcome, once in you will never leave, you have been warned wink

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 06-Apr-09 23:11:42

I'm not that clever. When I first joined there was a thead on racism in "Am I being unreasonable?" I though 'yabu' must be a term for a racist that I had never heard before blush

Ronaldinhio Mon 06-Apr-09 23:13:10

maybe a different name?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Apr-09 23:15:17

I'd change your name from single if I were you. There's all sorts of strange lovely people on here. grin

Welcome.

Tortoise Mon 06-Apr-09 23:16:00

Hi welcome to MN. smile

Pan Mon 06-Apr-09 23:16:10

Greetings to you. a.n.other male here. So who was your recommending friend may we ask? Just to join up the dots you understand....

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Apr-09 23:17:08

Hey Pan. It's scrooged smile How are you?

JaquelinehydeAllTheEggs Mon 06-Apr-09 23:18:26

Oooh yes change your name NOWWWWWW!

Pan Mon 06-Apr-09 23:18:41

Hello! Are you by perchance also avenanap, late of this parish?? I think you may be??

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Apr-09 23:21:38

How did you guess? grin I am shite at emailing. I'm so sorry. Work and stress takes over regularly. I've even been off here for a while. Aeida (sp?) is on at Derby at the end of April I think smile

callmeovercautious Mon 06-Apr-09 23:22:24

Welcome smile and congratulations for hitting the top of active conversations grin usually it is blocked up with site stuff "pinned" to stay on top.

That is a great start alone.

So tell us about your DC....

I have one who is 2.5, I am good at potty training and BF advice (although I suspect you won't need the latter).

LastOrders Mon 06-Apr-09 23:24:15

Hello. Welcome.

Our you going to be the Boa amidst the nest of Vipers? smile

Pan Mon 06-Apr-09 23:27:49

No worries Fluffy! I was absent from here for a few weeks recently. Aida is one I haven't seen???

thumbbunny Mon 06-Apr-09 23:29:04

welcome - agree about changing your name to not advertise your single status - you will be stalked!

Please check out this thread - it gives hints and tips of how to survive the vagaries of MN!

Quick version is: don't start anything in the Am I being Unreasonable topic unless you are fully prepared to fight your corner!

good luck grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Apr-09 23:29:55

Sorry for hogging the thread single.

I'll start a new one to chat to you Pan smile

DadInsteadofMum Tue 07-Apr-09 15:25:15

So you posted in Dadsnet and with the exception of Pan only women replied. Welcome to the world of Mumsnet!

It is an incredibly useful resource, full of people always ready to give you the benefit of their sometimes blinkered opinion experience. And the dads sometimes get a word in edgeways as well.

Haven't found any kind of spell checker yet but using the Preview Message button gives you a chance to read your own message first.

Not sure why they are all keen for you to name change, nobody has stalked me yet, but good luck with that anyway.

And quite frankly I would steer well clear of AIBU, because generally everybody is.

HecAteTheEasterBunny Tue 07-Apr-09 15:27:57

Hi and welcome.

grin dadinsteadofmum is right! stay away from AIBU.

TrillianEAstraEgg Tue 07-Apr-09 15:33:54

Welcome.

I second/third the suggestion to change your name, we tend to be anonymous around here so keep the 'Dad' part in (or else people will assume you are a woman) but I would leave out the location and 'single'.

Habbibu Tue 07-Apr-09 15:38:48

Use Firefox - it underlines things which it doesn't recognise. Including its own name, apparently.

And welcome to MN!

Trillian - nowt wrong with people assuming you're a lady...

TrillianEAstraEgg Tue 07-Apr-09 15:41:12

They should assume I'm a lady. grin

aseriouslyblondemoment Tue 07-Apr-09 15:44:34

welcome to MN!
and get onto the 'fit and interesting available men'thread on lone parents as your name sounds like an online dating one lolgrin
us girls on there love the male pov!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now