If Women ruled the World

(35 Posts)
Daddelion Wed 13-Feb-13 07:53:12

Reading about Iceland. The country not the shop.

What do we think the differences would be if (when) women rule the world?

No more war. Any countries starting to playing silly buggers will just get 'the look' until they stop.

widowerbutok Thu 14-Feb-13 00:33:25

All toilet seats would be stuck down...sigh

Daddelion Thu 14-Feb-13 12:12:47

If all toilet seats were stuck down wouldn't we wee all over them?

greenhill Thu 14-Feb-13 12:20:14

quietninja Golda Meir and Margaret Thatcher were both prime ministers that lead their country in wars, as have all our queens from Boudicca through to Queen Elizabeth II.

Pan Fri 15-Feb-13 18:39:48

Well a defence of the war-mongering or war-defensive queens could be that they are/were existing in an oppressive male-dominated environment with an aggressive dynamic.

But have you seen what aggression goes on on mumsnet.com? On the slightest of pretexts? In an overwhelmingly female arena?grin

And we'd undoubtedly have more soaps on tv, and more fashionista television. Crumbs!

greenhill Fri 15-Feb-13 18:53:58
HeadFairy Fri 15-Feb-13 18:59:09

Pan, do you really think all women just watch soaps and fashion programmes on telly?

Pan Fri 15-Feb-13 19:19:52

oh of course not HeadFairy, and I didn't say that at all, did I? Undoubtedly though those programmes are more watched by women than by men, n'est-ce pas?

HecateWhoopass Fri 15-Feb-13 19:23:15

We wouldn't fight other countries, we'd just stop talking to them. grin

But seriously, I don't think it would be much different. People are people. Those who have power will do anything to hang onto it. I don't think gender would make much of a difference.

I would like to see those who declare war - fighting it!

Preferably the two heads of state in a fight to the death. wink

I confidently predict world peace instantly...

Daddelion Fri 15-Feb-13 19:25:36

When I rule the world:

I will ban Soap Operas, reality TV, makeover house programmes, day time TV.

Actually with Sky+ On Demand I've an endless supply of Sport, Star Trek, Big Bang, Game of Thrones, The Simpsons etc. so I'll let them stay.

DameFanny Fri 15-Feb-13 19:25:57

What Hecate said. Pretty sure Angela Merckel could take Cameron in a fight grin

Daddelion Fri 15-Feb-13 19:26:25

I wonder what the sahm-wohm wars would be like?

Pan Fri 15-Feb-13 19:32:03

Oh yes Hecate a much easier way to sort out impending wars would be to have the heads of state fighting with broadswords at dawn. Suddenly the jaw-jaw not war-war would be v popular.

I'd take Merkel over Cameron any day.

Pan Fri 15-Feb-13 19:38:37

Rom-coms could stay. I like a funny/weepie. Footie would be on a reserved channel. 24 hrs per day. Darts and snooker would be illegal.

headlesslambrini Fri 15-Feb-13 19:46:59

We wouldn't fight other countries, we'd just stop talking to them

and when they asked what they had done we would just say 'nothing' or 'well if you don't know then I'm not telling you'

AND

Valentines day would be compulsory and punishable by removal of all football / rugby / sports for 1 year!
grin

HeadFairy Fri 15-Feb-13 19:48:49

How do you know? I know they're commissioned by men who think women want to watch them?

DameFanny Fri 15-Feb-13 19:56:29

I'm starting to daydream politician death-match now. David Blunkett just set his guide dog on Gove with spectacular success. Happy sigh.

HeadFairy Fri 15-Feb-13 19:57:19

Sorry, that was to Pan

I agree with Hec, I'm not sure the world would be much different. Women are just as capable of falling victim to red mist as men. Maybe a tad less violent.

Childcare would probably be free grin

Daddelion Fri 15-Feb-13 19:58:05
TheFallenNinja Fri 15-Feb-13 20:01:15

Love the intro to the report. It's been we'll documented.

So, we'll do it again.

HeadFairy Fri 15-Feb-13 20:01:26

Pah, what do Ofcom know? Probably run by a man grinwink

Dh is obsessed about Eastenders grin

TheFallenNinja Fri 15-Feb-13 20:02:09

We wouldn't have time for dads net, too busy cooking or cleaning I suppose.

Pan Fri 15-Feb-13 20:05:20

Can't believe you 'made' me actually download a pdf on soap-watchers, Daddelion! And a shame it says nothing about gender numbers analysis in toto. Damn.

Godessinthemaking Fri 15-Feb-13 20:07:35

Oh sorry, would have joined in earlier but I was too busy watching soap operas, reality tv and make over programmes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now