Men do more housework.

(67 Posts)
Daddelion Thu 07-Feb-13 18:23:15
BeCool Thu 07-Feb-13 20:38:25

I always thought (ex)P did about 45% of the housework. And then he moved out and I realised the figure was more like 15% and involved mainly OCD clothes folding and stuffing boxes full of stuff (instead of dealing with it properly). <confused>

CaptainNancy Thu 07-Feb-13 20:42:12

Is the rest of the sentence "than mice"? hmm

ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Thu 07-Feb-13 20:49:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peacefuleasyfeeling Thu 07-Feb-13 20:53:32

Certainly true in our house. DP is very houseproud and tidy, which drives me to distraction some times! He just notices stuff which I would never think of cleaning in a million years, such as chair legs and the sides of plugs. But he also does the lion's share of the cooking, which is lovely, as well as bins and recycling. I just asked him what he has planned for tomorrow while DD spends the morning at nursery, and got a long list of cleaning jobs. And he works longer hours than me. But I do one more day of child care than he does; we split it 3 / 4 days (we both work PT / compressed hours). And I do all the laundry stuff (but no ironing, DP irons his own stuff). Gardening is mine, allotments and wooding are his.

Daddelion Thu 07-Feb-13 20:56:59

I'm boggled to think what 'wooding' is.

Is it legal?

Pan Thu 07-Feb-13 20:58:32

I daren't google it.

amillionyears Thu 07-Feb-13 22:52:07

I know some men who have retired [early], and do more housework than the women, and the women still go out to work.

MmeLindor Thu 07-Feb-13 22:52:19

8 hours a week?

What size of house are we talking here?

(I only skimmed the article because I was in danger of being sucked into the sidebar of shame)

DH is actually more pernickety when it comes to housework than I am. But he is German so doesn't count.

thesnootyfox Thu 07-Feb-13 22:57:43

Dh does more housework than me. He is good at it and I'm not. He can spend 10 minutes cleaning the bathroom and it looks pristine. I spend 2 hours and it looks worse than when I started. I wash the clothes and attempt to tidy up after the children but that is far as it goes. I'm more of a household manager, I'm very good at delegating and writing lists.

peacefuleasyfeeling Fri 08-Feb-13 19:32:25

Ow, I had such a good giggle at that, Daddelion and Pan. It's just what we call sawing and chopping wood and kindling, and keeping the woodbasket stocked every day. I wish it was something more interesting grin .

Pan Fri 08-Feb-13 20:30:48

<sigh>

Daddelion Fri 08-Feb-13 22:31:09

It does sound manly, I hope he doesn't post on Mumsnet?

glyders Sun 17-Feb-13 22:06:40

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Daddelion Mon 18-Feb-13 17:24:01

So who was glyders and what did they say?

Well, perhaps we'll never know.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Mon 18-Feb-13 17:37:30

It was an advert for a discount site thinly disguised as a post. He had 14 other posts deleted.

pictish Mon 18-Feb-13 17:40:32

Than who? The dog?

BobbyDarin Thu 28-Feb-13 14:39:06

Perhaps there was a punctuation error:

Men, do more housework.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now