Any chance of a cheap/cheaper ticket for a Saturday matinee?

(5 Posts)
simplesusan Sat 15-Dec-12 20:42:51

Hi
I am going to London in February and would love to see a west end show. The transport is included in the trip so it really would have to be a show in the West End and not elsewhere.
I have had a search on line and whilst there are lots of various offers there doesn't seem to be anything that includes the date I need. It is school hols too.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is likely to be anything or are Saturdays always full price.
Thanks

grumpyoldbookworm Sat 15-Dec-12 20:54:02

Try the half price ticket booth in Leicester Square- that is the official one and there are several private tout type ones by there as well. They have a board with the shows they have tickets for- it's worth having a smartphone or copy of Time Out to see reviews etc http://www.tkts.co.uk/leicester-square/ Get tickets, go for lovely cheap lunch at Gabi's deli on Charing Cross Rd nearby and then enjoy the show! Recommend Chariots of Fire!

simplesusan Sat 15-Dec-12 21:10:49

Thanks grumpy. Do they usually have tickets available. We aren't too bothered about what we see.

PeppermintonCandyCane Sat 15-Dec-12 21:28:07

Sign up for the Official London Theatre newsletters, they often have good deals. Or keep an eye on LastMinute.com.

simplesusan Sun 16-Dec-12 23:19:48

Thanks Peppermint, I will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now