Anyone used cash 4 clothes???

(16 Posts)

Does anyone know of a clothes recycler in mid Cornwall, I have googled and found nothing at all (there used to be one in Roche but the dont seem to be there anymore) thanks

alanaj2549 Wed 26-Mar-14 17:10:40

Very frustrated that my message has been deleted as I wasn't advertising at all for my business I was informing people of what happened with their clothes. I find it quite unfair that my information (and that's what it was) has been removed but yet it's ok for some people to leave negative remarks about a job that I do and feel passionately about when they don't actually know and just assume. I gave genuine information about what happens with your items not asking you to use me in future. It's unfair that because some may rip you off we are all tarnished with the same brush!

alanaj2549 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:51:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

peppertree Fri 15-Mar-13 17:59:58

I sent off for the details but decided for all the effort to check all clothes were immaculate and so little money gained, that i would rather give away to friends or donate to charity

serin Sun 10-Mar-13 21:21:32

I used them recently, and won't use them again!

They 'rejected' some really lovely White stuff skirts, Mini Boden and a Jack Wills hoody (that was meant to look faded) and then offerred to dispose of them in their skip!

I took them to the charity shop and they were grateful!

foofooyeah Thu 07-Mar-13 22:35:08

I used a local recycling place for old non sellable clothes - stack them up for a while - and took some clothes that were in MIL loft (old fashioned) - got £35.00 so quite pleased. Thye only rejected a couple of DPs old work tops with writing on. Didnt check the rest very closely and even took old worn out shoes

IllGetOverIt Mon 04-Mar-13 11:38:58

I've use our local one twice and won't use again.

They weighed in front of me and checked the clothes over-fine by me.

But you give them loads of clothes for not a lot of money really.
I either sell on eBay or give to a charity local to me who gives the clothes to those who need them rather than selling them.

daxydynamo Mon 04-Mar-13 11:34:57

Thank you everyone x

BoffinMum Sun 03-Mar-13 22:28:47

I made £12.60 from a big bag of clothes and shoes. They only rejected 1 kilo.

Svrider Sun 03-Mar-13 17:53:13

Yup another fan here
Most of my clothes have been thru 3dc, and were George stuff to start with
My local one weighs it in front of you and accepts shoes n belts too
This is a good deal for me
I've made around £20 over past few months

worley Sun 03-Mar-13 17:50:08

they weigh in front of us at our local one.. I only bother taking the things that don't go on eBay or not in ebayable state..get about £4-5 per black bag depending in what's in it..

GregorSamsa Sun 03-Mar-13 17:45:54

I got £14 cash for 20-odd kilos of random outgrown clothes (three black sacks), including shoes, coats and hoodies. None of them were in ebayable condition, so it was that or the charity shop and/or textile recycling.

I thought it was reasonable, given that they also saved me the trouble of having to take it anywhere. smile

GregorSamsa Sun 03-Mar-13 17:44:16

Moneysavingexpert forums aren't keen on cash for clothes. They don't weigh the stuff in front of you, so no way of knowing if you're being ripped off.

I have used Bob's Cash For Clothes which was a good service, and they weigh the clothes in front of you and give you cash on the spot, which is never wrong. They don't check the items that carefully, except for the heavier things - I had several things accepted that had small marks or stains.

They pay 60p a kilo, but in London and SE only, I think.

Grindmygears Sun 03-Mar-13 16:37:21

You won't make much money as they expect the clothes to be in near new condition. Then they pay you pennies! Avoid it and use ebay.

daxydynamo Sun 03-Mar-13 16:35:59

"to make a bit of money"

daxydynamo Sun 03-Mar-13 16:35:18

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these companies tomak a bit of money? If so are they worth it? or do you need to literally take a car load of clothes to earn 50p? Any info would be appreciated..thanking you in advance lovely mumsnetters xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now