ppi money back... please explain this to me... is it just a waste of time?

(7 Posts)
juicychops Sun 10-Feb-13 19:37:08

im pretty sure the credit card i used to have and the loan i have now i had to sign something to say i have had ppi explained to me and do not want it, but is there a chance ive got some small print ppi charges relating to overdrafts that i have had over the last 12 years?

i get all these texts and emails saying im due xxx amount of ppi repayments, but they are obviously fishing for custom as ive never applied so they wouldn't know if i was due any.

but is it still worth looking into it or not?

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 10-Feb-13 19:39:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juicychops Sun 10-Feb-13 20:05:44

how would i go about doing it myself? im pretty cluless when it comes to things like this

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 10-Feb-13 20:16:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juicychops Sun 10-Feb-13 20:40:26

thanks lisad im going to ring the bank tomorrow and find out if my cc that i used to have had ppi on it and whether any overdrafts or the loan had it too. then il go from there

MrsPennyapple Thu 14-Feb-13 14:10:53

Do it, Juicy! I got £4000 back from a loan and credit card I'd had. They had told me it was compulsory, which it wasn't. It really is easy doing it yourself, absolutely do not pay anyone else to do it for you.

andadietcoke Thu 14-Feb-13 14:12:21

Yep, but do it yourself. There's a form you can fill in on the financial ombudsman website. I got £6600. Definitely worth a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now