Now it's the Irish supermarkets vs Unilever

(9 Posts)
WhatchaMaCalllit Fri 14-Oct-16 07:45:43

www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-supermarkets-stuck-in-price-war-with-unilever-759291.html

Unilever are now stuck in a price war with Irish supermarkets following the recent UK Tesco vs Unilever situation, which, I believe has been sorted out since yesterday.

However, they only wanted a 10% hike in prices in the UK....in Ireland they want a staggering 19% hike in the prices.

Didn't anyone tell Unilever that Ireland hasn't left the EU and we don't have plans to either????
Why the nearly doubling of the possible price hike for Irish customers versus what they were looking for from UK ones???

Amalfimamma Fri 14-Oct-16 07:51:20

Because they are greedy fuckers and deserve to be boycotted.

InTheseFlipFlops Fri 14-Oct-16 08:06:58

Why are they putting the price up in Ireland?

Have they put a work experience person on supply and pricing at the moment?!?

WhatchaMaCalllit Fri 14-Oct-16 08:22:23

FlipFlops It certainly seems like it.

grin

hollyisalovelyname Fri 14-Oct-16 19:13:44

There are alternatives to Unilever products.
Use our spending power to show them.
Their CEO is earning a vast amount of money on the backs of Unilever customers.
How dare they!!!
Fight back.

Zucker Fri 14-Oct-16 20:53:47

I did wonder about this when I saw the main thread on this earlier this week here. Unilever can do what they want basically, I plan on product switching when prices start to rise. I can't afford a 19% hike in my shopping costs.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 15-Oct-16 12:29:59

Vote with our euro.

TheVirginQueen Sat 15-Oct-16 12:32:50

Ireland needs to hold firm.
Fekk marmite.

I don't want to be charged 33 euro for a shirt from Next that cost the UK customer £22 when sterling is weak! fgs!

I was talking about this earlier, it won't be like war time rationing, we can do without whatever we ahve to do without but we should no cave in.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 16-Oct-16 19:00:25

TheVirginQueen
I agree I am fed up of English retailers treating us like sh*t- be it in store or online and postal charges.
FIGHT smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now