This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

what should I look for in a mattress?

(2 Posts)
OnlyNiceSwearing Wed 22-Aug-12 16:44:43

Hello just been through your dilemma, I have a nearly 5 month old and 2 older dd's. Each time I faff about the mattress! It should fit snugly into cot so no big gaps. I usually buy a sprung mattress, they seem comfy and last well. I have used a foam one when on a budget and it was also okay,but I think whatever you can afford is fine. I got a lovely sprung one for a large cot in John Lewis this time £ 65 very pleased with it. grin

cleoowen Wed 22-Aug-12 11:01:56

Hi all. I am 25 Weeks pregnant and I am beginning to look at mattresses. However I have no idea which ones are good or bad! I ve heard it's better to spend a bit on the mattresses to make sure it is good.

What are the good/bad points about getting a sprung mattress compared to a foam one? How thick should the mattress be? I also read there should be no more than a 3cm gap around the edge of the mattress. Is this right?

I was planning on getting a medium to high spec mattress for about £60 to £100. Is this realistic? What should I look for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now