This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Looking for recommendations for junior bedroom furniture set

(10 Posts)
dianasmith Thu 14-Jun-12 14:34:51

my suggestion is to get a 2ft 6 bed for your little one. at least you can still use it for years. here is a link where you can find 2 ft beds..they also have a bunk bed type with a slider that would be a fun addition to your space-theme kid's room..
www.strictlybedsandbunks.co.uk/short-beds.html

2010Dad Wed 15-Feb-12 22:34:36

BikeRunSki - thanks again for the recommendation. Good news is their showroom is about 10 miles away from us in Chester so we're off there on Saturday. Loads of stuff we like the look of and as you say, looks well made.

Thanks.

Any other suggestions welcome smile

(Definitely going to skip a 'toddler' bed and go straight to junior).

Something tells me we'll be stopping for paint at B&Q on the way back...

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 15-Feb-12 22:25:31

Our furniture has white fronts and solid wood tops and bottoms - think it's been discontinued now. Argos's solid wood furniture is good quality though and well priced.

the space stickers have been a real hit and I wa amazed how easy they were to apply.

2010Dad Wed 15-Feb-12 21:44:49

Iwish - don't really want white furniture, but thats for the link to the space stickers!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 15-Feb-12 21:39:39

These - they're fab!

They're pre pasted wall paper which just stick onto the existing wall covering in a design of your choice.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 15-Feb-12 21:33:58

We've got an ikea toddler bed for ds2 (did ds1 until he was about 5) and adult sized furniture (3 door wardrobe, chest of drawers and a bedside cabinet) from Argos similar to this.

I got some great space themes wall decorations for ds2's room - will see if I can find a link.

2010Dad Wed 15-Feb-12 21:26:44

Wow, looks fantastic, thanks!

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Feb-12 21:00:16

On phone so can't do links, but have a Google on
' Children's Bedroom Centre'. Lots of matching furniture, extremely good quality and fantastic customer service.

2010Dad Wed 15-Feb-12 20:52:12

By the way, I'm decorating the room in a space theme... Rockets, stars and astronauts!

I really think I need a single bed. Does anyone know where I can buy a decent single bed with either matching drawers and wardrobe or just the drawers and wardrobe to match?

2010Dad Wed 15-Feb-12 20:46:33

Hi all,

We have another baby on the way and our 22 month old is still in our bed!! (was not the initial plan). His nursery has been all kitted out since before he was born and all ready for baby number 2.

Now we want to make the transition from our bed to his new bedroom and are looking for recommendations for a bedroom set that doesn't consist of a cotbed (we are worried it will be too small and will be on eBay within a year) but are struggling to find a junior bed, chest of drawers and wardrobe that will last our son a few years.

Found this on mamas and papas which as a package costs £549 (£1000 list price if bought separately), but is the cotbed with sides down too short for a boy nearly two years old for the next few years?

www.mamasandpapas.com/product-fern-pine-cottoddler-bed/fecb02901/type-i/

Any recommondations greatly appreciated as I am currently on a futon in bedroom number 4 and am keen to get Lucas' bedroom decorated and sorted so I can get back in bed with my wife!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now