Anyone here got pregnant whilst on Implanon?

(307 Posts)
Haribosmum Wed 08-Aug-07 08:24:03

Just asking because I've been on it for 6 months and bled every month...except this month. I am sure I'm just having a month 'off' due to the Implanon but I have been feeling sick,headachy etc. Probabaly or pyschological or a bug but I was just wondering......

microscope Fri 05-Aug-16 16:26:18

Baby would be fine but failure rate is 0.05% so odds are good!

amburger16 Fri 05-Aug-16 14:06:59

First time ever writing a post. I've had the implanon for about 2 years. My boyfriend and I have had sex numerous of times and also had the pregnancy symptoms as I thought they were. We have been worried before. I've had random spotting before. Now I have it again 2nd day now. It's been a while since I've last spotten like 5 months or so. I do not have my period it stopped like after 6 months. I have this bloating feeling. I know I didn't even eat much or at all so this is weird for me. Let alone I've gained a bit of weight too.. Maybe from eating more? But it's been the same amount I've always eaten a day. I've had days where I barley ate. I've had pains in my stomach recently. I puked the other day. But from not eating then I ate and felt sick again. Will be taking a pregnancy test tonight. My main question is, if I'm pregnant will the baby still be okay while I'm on the implanon? Yes well aware need to remove asap if I am. But wouldn't be until like Monday and it's Friday today. I heard it's still possible to be prego on the implant.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA69 Thu 09-Jun-16 21:41:27

hey EmmaDV, I've been on the implant the same length of time as you and have had the same symptoms, except I bled for 9 months straight after an mc. Apparently these are normal symptoms, just not been recorded yet. don't worry about them, we're in the same boat and I'm alright! The hot flushes have been getting to me the worst, I'm only 22 lol. However, I reckon it's because you get progesterone pumped directly into the bloodstream, but closer to the central nervous system than an IUD. Probably mucks about with hormones a bit.

EmmaDV Tue 19-Apr-16 21:23:21

Hi everyone,
I have had the implant since june last year, i havent bled once since having it but recently i have been feeling sick, having head aches/dizziness, sore breast, hot flushes, bleeding gums and now i have started bleeding slightly... just a pinkish colour, i am not sure what to do and am quite worried. I was just wondering if anyone had any advise for me.
Greatly appreciated!!!

Asimpson19 Thu 14-Apr-16 03:49:52

I have had implanon for 1year and have not experienced symptoms like this. I have nausea more frequently but no vomiting, constant cramping, back pain, and extremely sore nipples to the point touching them makes me want to cry. Now ALL tests including pregnancy tests sticks and blood draws have come out negative; anyone have a clue what is going on?

MKS96 Mon 29-Feb-16 01:14:45

Hi everyone I could do with a bit of advice. I've been on the implanon for 1yr5months and up until this last month my periods have been fine. Regular as clockwork and no pain whatsoever. Except this months period came 8 days late and it carried on for about the same amount of time 5-6 days then went light to almost spotting for the next week. I've been to my gp about it and he wasn't very forthcoming with information. I've never had any problems. I'm just wondering whether it's my body telling me that I could be pregnant or something as its never happened before. I've been really sleepy lately, I can smell things a lot more than I used to, my stomach is really bloated looking, and I've had cramps like I've never had before, and to top it off constipation ( sorry TMI) , and other stuff like sore breasts and they feel bigger. I've taken a test but it's come back negative do I take another one or will it just come back the same. That was 1 week ago and the symptoms are still here. Except no period. Could medication affect the way implanon works and could I be pregnant.

Sorry for the rambling but I have no one to ramble to about this stuff. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Implant2 Fri 26-Feb-16 00:19:47

I went on the implant in April 2014. I had heavy periods and was prescribed the pill along side it. I have a week off the pill every mo th to bleed to try and get my body back to normal.. I have been on the pill along side it for near enough the same length I have had the implant. This month i have not came on my period, could i be pregnant???

93spicegirl Tue 23-Feb-16 21:37:09

I had my 2nd implant fitted on the 11\11\2014 and my next one is due on 11\11\2017. Ive not had a period since the 08\01\2016 and that only last a day. It's now the 23\02\2016 its nearly been a whole month without one. What should I do? I have a pregnancy test ready to take, do I take it or do I wait until my next period is due? I had a day period again on 12\12\2015 and non at all in November and October 2015, day on in September and a week's one in august 2015. July I had non and June and may was a week again. April and march I had non and January and February was a week again in 2015. There was a pattern emerging and am wondering if it's doing it again again I have a day on in January and miss a month I don't know any advice or help would be very appreciated. Thankyou

KimberleyGray Mon 11-Jan-16 12:12:47

Not only that im teary all the time too. Can somebody inbox me as I've never had any of these symptoms before. 2 of my friends have fallen pregnant on implanon so it can happen. Im worrying myself stupid

KimberleyGray Mon 11-Jan-16 11:55:46

I have the implant in for just over a year now. I got jiggy with my ex partner about 2 months ago and I haven't had a period since. Im usually like clock work never missed one. Im moody peeing like a race horse headachey tired run down. Me and my ex partner are not on speaking terms now. My boobs are killing and im off my food due to feeling sick. I have 3 children already. I have a slight bump too and constant back ache. Please help!!!!!

AdelleDiFazio97 Mon 04-Jan-16 03:05:45

So I have had the implanting for almost 3 years now and the first two years I had my period non stop doctors said it was normal so I left it in and then it just got really irregular. But recently I haven't had it in a month and have gotten really nauseous almost every day but took a pregnancy test and it came back negative so I don't know what to think. I am now 18 and already have a 1 1/2 year old and am not sure if I'm ready for abother baby? Any edvice????😰

ImplantNworried Tue 15-Dec-15 17:00:28

This is the second time I have been on the Implanon and am feeling slightly worried that I may be pregnant. I have been feeling nauseous through out the day for a few weeks inc after eating, looking bloated and feeling very down recently. I have done some reading and seen that because of how low the hormone levels are a normal pregnancy test will not be accurate so how can I find out. Is it normal to be feeling like this?

Minionmissy Mon 10-Aug-15 19:31:07

Hi just reading all comments on here and starting to worry I've bin on the implant now for 5 years yes I'm on the second one and have a year left my periods have always bin a bit in regularly but last month it was strange real light and only four days and this month I am 6 days late apart from having itchy boobs I havent had any other symptoms.... Could I be pregnant as I was under the impression you couldn't get pregnant on implant?

RissBurns Sat 09-May-15 06:13:44

Dancerchick85, have some compassion...

Kirsty66 Thu 30-Apr-15 19:45:49

I've just found out I'm pregnant on implant ��

christyb96 Mon 16-Mar-15 16:01:10

hey, i've been on the implant for the past 4 years now.. the other day I felt this strange feeling in my breasts it's like a tingly, extremely sensitive, soreness especially my nipples and I've got an extremely high sex drive at the moment also..

sammieis18 Sat 21-Feb-15 15:59:29

I need a lil advice ive have the implant in for ova a year and ive had no periods at all but the last couple of weeks ive been feeling really sick and dizzie and I have a small bump and my breasts are massive and my bellys really itchy and I dont no what to do and is it true that having the implant could effect your test results? X

shellymcloughlin23 Fri 20-Feb-15 19:58:25

hi there i'm on the implanon im getting flutters in my belly i cant feel my implanon properly could i be pregnant

Number3cometome Mon 26-Jan-15 15:36:47

He 'nutted' in you? Oh what a lovely term of phrase.

angelpace21 Sun 25-Jan-15 15:53:59

Hi i have a question i had my implanon since 2013 me nd my bf had sex in nov of 2014 he nutted in me so i got it taking out 2015 of january isa way i cn b pregnant

AlyssaLeialohaSjolin Thu 09-Oct-14 04:59:15

Hey everyone. I'm nineteen and recently engaged. I only got my implant in March of this year. Lately I've been experiencing some pain around and near my implant. It's strange though because there is no irritation that's clearly visible. I've been having very severe mood swings and must say that I believe there is some depression. My breasts are very tender to the point where I don't even want to touch them and they've noticeably gotten bigger and are very heavy. I have headaches constantly and seem to have gotten a little chubby tummy going. I've taken pregnancy test but all have come out negative. My fiance isn't as worried as I am but he doesn't have to go through all this. I'm hoping it's phantom pregnancy because I have heard that on this form of birth control that is a possibility. However I also learned that certain medications can lessen the effects of the implant. I've got another appointment tomorrow but I don't know if it will help much. All the doctors say the same thing. It's fool proof, but there have been so many cases of woman actually getting pregnant on this. I'm very worried and don't know what to do. Is the implant harmful to the baby if I am pregnant, and should I get it taken out? I've noticed that the doctors really haven't informed much on the implant and when I ask about it I get very cryptic answers. I don't know who to go to and I'm a very confused young woman in need of some help.confused

heyyitsmannie Thu 02-Oct-14 07:08:21

Plus not only that, I'm getting bigger.

heyyitsmannie Thu 02-Oct-14 07:06:16

Hey gals.
I've been on this implant since December 31,2013 for having a miscarriage. After the implant I was bleeding for about 5+ months constantly which was normal coming from the doctor, afterwards I've had regular periods. My last period was around August 27(the time I usually get i), but during September I haven't gotten it. I'm extremely scared because I've been having pregnancy symptoms, such as cravings, sore brest, and nausea, ect...)
Any advice?sad

wbg92 Wed 24-Sep-14 06:26:32

Hey guys, I got the implant in August 2013 and have only had two periods since. Oct 2013 and June 2014. My boyfriend and I in the past few weeks have gone a little overboard with "having fun" and now he swears I'm pregnant. I've been waking up nauseous in the middle of the night, nearly throw up a couple times a day, pee constantly, extremely exhausted, and now bloated and sore around my lower stomach. I have been pregnant before, about 4 years ago. The only symptom I had that time was craving cookie dough ice cream 24/7. I had mc'd at 13 weeks. I really need some advice on this because I've noticed my implant has also moved around in my arm too.

Annalyn Sun 21-Sep-14 08:48:41

Hi guys, I'm had implanon put in December 2011 after having baby boy, my doctor warned me that it is very possible to become pregnant during your last year on the implant, I am more than halfway through the 3 year mark so I started testing last month and will continue for the last couple of months until time for removal just to be on the safe side, and for those who think they might be pregnant....your not crazy, just test and don't give up until you know for sure if you are pregnant or not because it's not impossible smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now