Anyone here got pregnant whilst on Implanon?

(287 Posts)
Haribosmum Wed 08-Aug-07 08:24:03

Just asking because I've been on it for 6 months and bled every month...except this month. I am sure I'm just having a month 'off' due to the Implanon but I have been feeling sick,headachy etc. Probabaly or pyschological or a bug but I was just wondering......

AlyssaLeialohaSjolin Thu 09-Oct-14 04:59:15

Hey everyone. I'm nineteen and recently engaged. I only got my implant in March of this year. Lately I've been experiencing some pain around and near my implant. It's strange though because there is no irritation that's clearly visible. I've been having very severe mood swings and must say that I believe there is some depression. My breasts are very tender to the point where I don't even want to touch them and they've noticeably gotten bigger and are very heavy. I have headaches constantly and seem to have gotten a little chubby tummy going. I've taken pregnancy test but all have come out negative. My fiance isn't as worried as I am but he doesn't have to go through all this. I'm hoping it's phantom pregnancy because I have heard that on this form of birth control that is a possibility. However I also learned that certain medications can lessen the effects of the implant. I've got another appointment tomorrow but I don't know if it will help much. All the doctors say the same thing. It's fool proof, but there have been so many cases of woman actually getting pregnant on this. I'm very worried and don't know what to do. Is the implant harmful to the baby if I am pregnant, and should I get it taken out? I've noticed that the doctors really haven't informed much on the implant and when I ask about it I get very cryptic answers. I don't know who to go to and I'm a very confused young woman in need of some help.confused

heyyitsmannie Thu 02-Oct-14 07:08:21

Plus not only that, I'm getting bigger.

heyyitsmannie Thu 02-Oct-14 07:06:16

Hey gals.
I've been on this implant since December 31,2013 for having a miscarriage. After the implant I was bleeding for about 5+ months constantly which was normal coming from the doctor, afterwards I've had regular periods. My last period was around August 27(the time I usually get i), but during September I haven't gotten it. I'm extremely scared because I've been having pregnancy symptoms, such as cravings, sore brest, and nausea, ect...)
Any advice?sad

wbg92 Wed 24-Sep-14 06:26:32

Hey guys, I got the implant in August 2013 and have only had two periods since. Oct 2013 and June 2014. My boyfriend and I in the past few weeks have gone a little overboard with "having fun" and now he swears I'm pregnant. I've been waking up nauseous in the middle of the night, nearly throw up a couple times a day, pee constantly, extremely exhausted, and now bloated and sore around my lower stomach. I have been pregnant before, about 4 years ago. The only symptom I had that time was craving cookie dough ice cream 24/7. I had mc'd at 13 weeks. I really need some advice on this because I've noticed my implant has also moved around in my arm too.

Annalyn Sun 21-Sep-14 08:48:41

Hi guys, I'm had implanon put in December 2011 after having baby boy, my doctor warned me that it is very possible to become pregnant during your last year on the implant, I am more than halfway through the 3 year mark so I started testing last month and will continue for the last couple of months until time for removal just to be on the safe side, and for those who think they might be pregnant....your not crazy, just test and don't give up until you know for sure if you are pregnant or not because it's not impossible smilesmile

smae Sun 14-Sep-14 22:53:35

I am new at this. But i am on the implanon for about almost 10 months. And i feel im getting pregnancy symptoms. like throwing up, nausea, tiredness. I know those are only little symptoms but could it be possible. I know doctor its impossible to get pregnant. i have taken a pregnancy test but comes back negative. idk if im doing it too soon or not.

dancerchick85 Sun 17-Aug-14 05:07:58

Hey ladies.

Maybe I can offer the voice of reason and sensibility here.

I hate to tell any, and possibly, all of you this, but there is a chance for you to still get pregnant whilst using ANY contraceptive method available. The only exceptions to the rule being sterilization and, at the most extreme, a hysterectomy.

Also, to the supposed 19 year old girl on her second implant/implanon. Please stop attention seeking. It would be impossible for you to have had a second one in a little over a year at your age and therefore this leads me to believe that you have, clearly, not done your homework. The only reason you can have it changed so soon is if you have a reaction, and even then they would try you on a second after the first 12 weeks or sooner (adverse reactions usually occur within 10 weeks) with a one month rest from your next full period. If you had a reaction to the implant/Implanon, you would be back on tablet contraceptives....... I suggest you read a few medical journals and talk to your GP about it, a little more in depth next time perhaps!

It is TOTALLY possible to fall pregnant on the implant, no matter the brand, (Implanon is a brand by the way). It's the same as condoms and the injection.... christ it even has the same percentage chance of pregnancy as the injection. It also can cause some side effects, such as the carrying of excess water (which can be evident in both breasts and stomach) . If the water carrying is in the breast area then nipples and breasts in general will feel tender.

I mean FFS!!!! Do half of you attention seekers even know what the fuck this website is about? What it's for? I guess not.

One word for you time wasters.......................

DICKS!

Alexpledge0 Wed 06-Aug-14 21:16:31

Just inbox me the answers please, would mean a lot to me smile

Alexpledge0 Wed 06-Aug-14 21:13:24

Has anyone been caught pregnant on the implant and if so is it different to not having the implant in?! Like Iv started bleeding and I have the implant in... My boyfriend thinks I'm pregnant as Iv felt this last time I was pregnant but MC :'( just want answers before i do take a test

Alexpledge0 Wed 06-Aug-14 21:08:42

Did anyone answer your question about the "pregnancy not showing up if on the implant?" Iv been having pregnancy feelings too.. But Iv also heard the results won't show up because your hormones..

I had a miscarriage last year before I was put on the implant and had the same feelings i do now.. Please re

Niknik25 Sun 27-Jul-14 14:28:48

Did you ever notice or even after you found out you were pregnant, was the implant still intact?? They say it usually only happens if the implant slips out of place????

MzQuita Thu 24-Jul-14 06:23:03

Wow.!!! Are you saying the implanon was still in her arm while she was pregnant.???

Cgfb22 Thu 17-Jul-14 04:58:42

This happened to my friend so everyone take note! She was only 17, loved life partying with friends ect. Last person i expected to call me and tell me she's pregnant. She had the implant for almost 4-8 months, she thought she was just putting on weight. So she took various pregnancy tests, home ones and professional ones, all came out negative! Next thing she is in doctors getting blood test for something totally different and the doctor tells her she is 5 month pregnant and has no choice but to keep the baby! She was devistated, unprepared and totally in shock. But now 2 years later she has a beautiful baby girl.

Cgfb22 Thu 17-Jul-14 04:55:19

Hello, I have had the implant for about 1 and a half years now. It is my second time having it in, I am convinced mine isn't working either. As I write this now, my back is killing, my boobs are feelin so heavy and itchy, I have a terrible headache, this heartburn keeps me awake all night even though I feel absolutely exausted, I actually vomited about 15 minutes ago. Having the implant literally drives me crazy, I'm always thinking I'm pregnant, taking a test and it comes out negative. So tomorrow I'm going to the doctors and getting it removed, it totally plays with my brain!

jgonzalez Thu 10-Jul-14 20:06:41

Hi,
I have also been on implanon for 2 years in February. All was absolutely perfect until 2 months ago. I have been having crazy pregnancy symptoms and my lower stomach is now hard. I have had a nurse tell me the test doesn't lie and im not pregnant and a b*tch dr saying to me did you think you were pregnant because youre not. yet all either place have done is a urine pregnancy test. I have read a ton on reviews that this would happen and they were still pregnant. at this point I feel like im losing my mind because no one will tell me what else it could be if not pregnancy or implanon (again, no one is really looking into it either). I want to know if this has happened to anyone else. ive heard of implanon causing every symptom as pregnancy but can it make your stomach hard like that? confused

heartbreaker Thu 10-Jul-14 05:45:12

I'm confused on what to do. I've had my implant for almost 2 yes normal periods and everything until last month I didn't get my period. And I have all the symptoms of being pregnant but the test came back negative could I be pregnant

Deborahgreen Fri 04-Jul-14 22:42:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

latreviana2015 Thu 19-Jun-14 19:21:09

Hi I'm 15 years Old Um I Went to plan Parent Hood but the test came back negative but only because I went in the next day My boyfriend ejaculated in me but also I'm on implanon implant but it's been 3 weeks sense he ejaculated in me and My Brest are very sore could I be pregnant?? Please help

sykadelic Tue 06-May-14 18:30:29

Implanon mimicks pregnancy. I gain a LOT of weight on it. I often felt bloated. The cramping isn't unusual either. It's highly unlikely you'll get pregnant on implanon, easy to get concerned though!

If in doubt though, see a doctor. Give it a couple another week or so in case you just have a virus.

Ally4371 Tue 06-May-14 16:08:55

Hello I am just posting hoping someone will get back to me as I am extremely worried!
I am currently on the implanon bar and have been for about 6m-1y now however I am having a few odd symptoms.
I have been bloated for the last few days, feeling nauseated on and off through the day and for the last 3 nights in a row now been having medium cramping in my lower abdomen on and off.
I took a HPT and it came back negative but am wondering if I could still possibly be pregnant!? Please can someone reply maybe that had a similar situation or has Or is pregnant on the implanon?
Thanks you!

SophieBoyd95 Sun 04-May-14 14:15:34

Hi I just wanted some advice, I have had the implant in over a year now, bled for a few months and had periods now and again and recently I have been feeling sick, not really eating as normal and I feel like my stomach has become slightly bigger and also had a little pain as well as a few cramps, I was just curious if it was actually possible to get pregnant on the implant or if it is just in my head

lsjs87 Fri 18-Apr-14 08:28:06

It is normal for things to settle amd chamge at around the 6 month mark.

lsjs87 Fri 18-Apr-14 08:20:26

Hi. I know this is an old post but I could do with some reassurance. I have been on the implant for 2 and half years. It is due out sep. I have put on 4 stone since being on the implant and have recently got a new partner. I'm concerned I may be pregnant and will be doing a test asap. In the mean time I'm wondered if I actually could just be imagining the symptoms. I have had irregular periods since I began. I started with constant bleeding. Now I ho 2 or 3 months with nothing and then bleed for 28 days at a time. I'm booked in to have it out june as I can't stand it anymore. Any advice? Thanks x

loveitt15 Wed 16-Apr-14 07:31:51

So you did turn out pregnant? I

MilaInLove Tue 01-Apr-14 02:16:29

Hi everyone I have been on my implant for almost 2years now and I thought am pregnant at least 4 times lools had all the symptoms possible for first signs of early pregnancy done tests every time came back negative... Now whenever I feel like am pregnant I just ignore it course I know that its just the implant that messing with my head..... Is really hard tho cause I really want a baby but I got my final year at uni left and my boyfriend wants me to finish first so that I won't have to stress about my exams whilst pregnant..... Any of u with the same problem? If yes how r u coping?? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now