Anyone here got pregnant whilst on Implanon?

(287 Posts)
Haribosmum Wed 08-Aug-07 08:24:03

Just asking because I've been on it for 6 months and bled every month...except this month. I am sure I'm just having a month 'off' due to the Implanon but I have been feeling sick,headachy etc. Probabaly or pyschological or a bug but I was just wondering......

MystellOshay Thu 25-Apr-13 11:33:56

Just been to see my usual, nice doctor. He phoned an ultrasound clinic up and they are gonna phine me to get me booked in for a scan. I'm so happy that something is finally gonna be done about this. He even examined me and saw my bump. the other doctor didn't even care to bother. I'll let you all know the verdict of my scan.

alexxorr11 Thu 25-Apr-13 15:33:19

Hello my name is Alexx I have 2 kids and I just got the implanon back in January of 2012. Well I have been having all the side effects of being pregnant again. I've had the implanon over a year and just now started having these symptoms I've done 2 home pregnancy tests and one at the doctors but they all came back negative. I haven't had a period since the beginning of Feb. I'm needing some advice. Should I have a blood test and ultra sound done?? shock

MystellOshay Fri 26-Apr-13 07:29:52

Yes Alexx, get the blood test done first and even if it comes back negative, if you're still worried, get the scan done. I'm going for my scan today, finally. If it turns out that I've gotten pregnant then I will let you all know because that means the rest of you should definitely take some action in case you are.

MystellOshay Fri 26-Apr-13 12:26:00

Back from my scan. The woman said there are no signs of a pregnancy and I have no cysts. There are gonna look into what may be cause all these symptoms and my bloated out tummy. They said I should know by next week. At least I know now that I'm not pregnant. Now that I've had my implant taken out too then I should get my period back at the start of next month (my usual time). If not then I'm gonna be concerned cause I've never had an irregular period. But anyways, anyone that is feeling like they are pregnant, do go to get a blood test and a scan if needed.

Kenylah09 Thu 02-May-13 07:24:21

Was she having periods while she was pregnant

MystellOshay Sat 04-May-13 01:06:47

What do you mean Kenylah09? If you mean me, I wasn't having a period on the implant and when I thought I was pregnant I didn't have one either but I did have this odd brown discharge though.

tulip18 Sat 04-May-13 07:01:41

I had implanon inserted in october 2012 i bled off and on until march and that one month i was off i gained over five pounds and my breasts began to itch and grow really big. after march i continued to bleed and still am bleeding almost every other day. Since I've had implanon in i have been more sexually active and i've noticed alot of personality differences. My doctor suggested the birth control pill being added too and it didnt help it just made it worse. I plan on getting this thing taken out asap! not only will i plan on checking if im pregnant or not i will be glad to see this thing go! I'm so tired of all the bleeding.

Loulou1900 Wed 22-May-13 00:48:55

Hiya, I'm 19 and on my second implant. I had this one put in last August 2012. Usually I only eat a little but for the last moth I have been eating a ridiculous amount an always feeling hungry. I've tender breasts and feel sick. I've been wanting to eat food that I don't normally like such as tuna and pickles. I'm constantly moody and get upset over anything. Like my hormones are everywhere. I've only been with my partner for 3 months. My periods are always irregular and I never know when I'm going to come on. sad
Anyone able to give me advice? Thanks

mommyproblems Mon 03-Jun-13 22:48:56

I have been on this for a little over a year. I too have been sooo tired sore breasts moody weight gain and back ache. I have taken two home test and like I have read on here they say it wont show so of course both came up negative. I've been trying to have an ultra sound done but no where will do one for me. I have also read that if its not taken out there is a high risk of a miscarriage. I have no clue what I am doing. All I know is something feels off. Could I be pregnant? How do I get them to do an ultra sound?

Madisonsmummy11 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:41:09

I had the implant in a couple of weeks after my daughter was born march '11, the first year was crazy periods were up and down, didn't no whether I was coming or going!! The second year they were normal monthlies, lasting a week, all normal, but the third year is different, my last period was 19th April, meaning I'm 28 days late, I'm so tired yawning after being awake an hr by early evening my eyes burn where I'm so tired!! I have noticed a weight increase, even though I don't eat any more than I used too, I'm feeling hungry constantly !! My breasts are sore and heavy they look bigger (I have the 4 boob thing going on at the moment!!) I'm urinating more often, I'm moody, etc !! A few weeks ago I had 1 day of like a browny coloured discharge I thought it was my period coming but it never came, I'm worried, I'm not ready for another baby, my home life is great I have a healthy happy toddler and engaged to her daddy, but if my calculations are right, my dd will be starting nursery when this baby is born (that is if I'm pregnant I don't no for sure yet) I don't want my daughter feeling like I'm pushing her out as we are very close, I gave a doc appt on Monday so hopefully will get some answers???

Another thing I don't eve n have cramps that would indicate a late monthly !! Help!!!

celiajustine Fri 28-Jun-13 16:29:43

hi so ive been on implanon for little over three years and im wondering if i could be pregnant. i havnt really had as much sex until just recently and now all of a sudden im peeing constantly my stomache is all funky i feel bloated and sometimes i want to eat all the time or not at all. im kinda scared what the test will say if i take one. i cant support a child yet. is it possible? i cant go by my period since i havnt had one for two years now....

ThoraNomiki Fri 28-Jun-13 22:06:03

It's definitely possible to get pregnant whilst using any form of contraception. Nothing is 100%.
Hormonal birth control like the implant effectively convince your body that you are pregnant which is why you may be having 'symptoms'.
If you've had it for 3 years you must be due to have it changed? Its effectiveness will reduce if not.
People rarely come back to update this thread so I think that's probably a good sign that most of them did not find out that they were pregnant smile

bethany1991 Sun 04-Aug-13 09:50:58

I would like info on this topic im on my 3rd. Year it gets taken out on February 2ed. 2014 and im showing sighns of being pregnant sore nipples feel like im going to through up and charp pains in my tummy im gaining wait. The 1st year i belad for 8 months then i bled once a year after that but this year i bleed 3time.i have had some redish brownish discharge so im worried if im pregnant can anyone help me if they went through this while on it

redhead949 Sun 18-Aug-13 17:45:00

so i have been on implanon for a little over 2 years, my periods have been regular and i missed my period in august but i had one at the beginning of this month. now i am really sick to my stomach all day and have been for 2 weeks and i am now having cramps in my lower stomach and my urine is cloudy all of the sudden, i took a pregnancy test and it came back negitive.

Newlywed2013 Mon 26-Aug-13 12:52:32

I think over the last few days I have been having symptoms! I know mine wasn't put in correctly, so may not have been working properly and it is nearly end of the three yrs

Implant I the devil!!!!

Imlauren557 Wed 28-Aug-13 10:51:18

Hi,am only 15, i have had the implant about 10 months and my periods have been off and on all the time,until last month they stopped, but not for long when i had a massive period with clots of blood,am asumming this might be a miscarraige,as i am sexually active with my boyfriend, however i am still getting bellyache,putting on weight,mood swings and craving things,i dont know what to do.

Mileymoo18 Fri 27-Sep-13 00:05:39

Hiya I'm 18 and I've been on the implant since January 2012. I usually have periods on the implant and they last quite a while and they're all quite bad. I had my last period about 3 knots ago and I've had symptoms since. At first I was throwing all my food back up and noticed my stomach was swelling. After a while I thought nothing of it up until about a week ago. I had sex and realised after that I was on anti biotics. I've read that anti biotics don't effect the implant but ever since I've had loss of appetite, my stomachs swollen, I've had cramps, head ache, back pains, my sense of smell has got better as I can smell everything. I've also been really fatigued as I could sleep for 10 hours then have a nap during the day although I've not done anything strenuous, as well as being really emotional. I don't really know what to think I'm just looking for advice! Thank you x

Daniiee21 Mon 30-Sep-13 23:03:24

Hi i been having regular periods since i had the implant in two years ago. Well i was 8 days late on a periiod i started to get like gooey brownish pink not a period but never had it sorry for tmi i then thought i was having a period but it was spotting after an hour there was nothing else for a day then had spotting again and stopped again this has been happening for 3 days on and off. Im getting really bad heartburn bloating and sore breast alsk had this headache on and off and light cramping just wondering if anyone had been pregnant on the implant shall i get a test im confused xx

Steph503 Sat 12-Oct-13 09:14:30

I have had the implanon for about 2 1/2 years I'm getting it out in January. And haven't been feeling myself I'm always puking, having headaches, craving foods and going to the bathroom a lot more frequently and I'm always tired. I am married so me and my husband don't use any other type of protection. Has any one got pregnant before on this birth control ? I heard that getting a at home test won't work because of all the hormones. Help!!��

Tzecub Mon 18-Nov-13 03:15:41

I am 22 and would love to have children. I was forced to abort my baby at 16 then made to have an implant put in my arm. I have not been able to make time to see a doctor and ever one i have talked to via phone wants nothing to do with taking the empty implanon out. i found out back then my doctor an my mother lied to me to trick me in getting it. i got the tragedy of feeling my 4 month old baby's last heart beat. i don't know how to go about either suing the doctor for malpractice or just slapping my mother. i really need advice i am tired of carrying this burden.

NaiceAm Mon 18-Nov-13 07:03:41

Tzecub that is awful. Could you try talking to a different GP at the practice or maybe google and see if there is a family planning clinic open later near you? I don't know what to suggest but didn't want to read and run

amyloulou1 Thu 02-Jan-14 18:52:53

i've been on the implant since november 2012 i've never caught pregnant although like many of you seem to be saying i had all the effects of pregnancy, sore boobs headaches feeling heavily sick etc i done numerous text monthly as it was a constant thing for a while and nothing, as for the periods i havent had one for about 2 and a half years before the implant i was on a progesterone only tablet and havent had one since. i think the side effects are just the hormones its pulsing through you, takes a while to get used too

sykadelic15 Sun 05-Jan-14 03:04:42

I've had implanon since Aug 2009. Replaced in Sept 2012 (using condoms since about June/July just to be safe even though I was told there was no need).

At the switchover I had a small amount of bleeding but aside from that I haven't had a period since Sept 2009. I have no mood swing issues but I HAVE gained a lot of weight.

My plan is to remove it soon and normalise a bit before TTC..

sdial17 Mon 06-Jan-14 21:10:02

I've been using the implanon since august 2012 and I've always had regular periods while I was on it and around november 20th I was supposed to get my period and it never came. I also took a plan b/day after pill around that time and I still haven't gotten my period. I have gained A LOT of weight but don't really have a "bump". I am always hungry and have cravings. I've also been fatigued and sleeping a lot. I've been cranky. My breasts have gotten bigger. I took a home pregnancy test that came out negative but I've read that the tests are not reliable because of all the hormones you are taking. Please help??!

sykadelic15 Mon 06-Jan-14 23:26:48

Could be a hysterical pregnancy (i.e. you think you are so you feel like you are). If in doubt see a doc for a blood test/scan.

i doubt it. I think it's probably your body dealing with the hormones but stranger things have happened!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now