Anyone else on CD 50+?

(18 Posts)
nappyaddict Sat 05-Oct-13 02:10:37

I came on my period July 30th. I came off around 3rd August. Then I had another period 15th August to 18th August. I haven't had a period since. If I count 15th August as my last period then I am now on CD 51. I have taken a pregnancy test but it was negative. I am reluctant to do another one as I have previously had a 70 day cycle.

I have been really tired. Wednesday night I went to bed about 11pm and my alarm woke me out of a deep sleep Thursday morning at 10:40am. I was exhausted and had to drag myself out of bed. I put it down to only having about 5 hours sleep the night before and catching up. Thursday night I went to bed at 11.10pm and was woken by my alarm 11:20am Friday morning, but this time I felt very refreshed. However this is still a long time to sleep without waking up naturally, especially when I had a lot of sleep the night before. I am usually quite tired because I have an underactive thyroid and I'm not very good at remembering my medication, but I'm not usually this tired.

The only other thing that I can think of being a bit out of the ordinary is this pulling/twitching sensation in my tummy when I lie on it in bed and a sort of throbbing pain in my vagina. I have also had a little bit of what I think is heartburn, but I think I've had that before anyway.

nappyaddict Sat 05-Oct-13 17:55:36

Bump

ThoraNomiki Sun 06-Oct-13 00:33:42

CD 52 for me today sad getting pretty fed up with it now. Last cycle was 63 one before that was 155!! I'm not pregnant and no sign of AF on it's way. raargh! angry oh except I'm very grumpy and I want to eat everythinghmm

eggsnbeans Sun 06-Oct-13 07:34:33

Hi nappyaddict, feeling your frustration, before I conceived DD most of my cycles were over 50d, in fact the one before I got my bfp was 68d! So don't give up hope. Do you know if you are ovulating? Do you monitor your fertile signs at all? That helped me heaps anyway.

I would think your underactive thyroid is the root cause of your irregular cycle now.

When did you last have your thyroid levels checked out properly by a GP?. I think you need to return to the GP as soon as you can, you need medical advice.

gwenabee85 Mon 07-Oct-13 17:21:00

Yep, currently cd83! :/ I didn't realise there were so many pcos/irregular cycle-ers on here, we should start our own thread..

nappyaddict Tue 08-Oct-13 01:00:00

Do you have PCOS?

blamber Tue 08-Oct-13 08:44:53

If you're hypothyroid, get your levels checked. Tiredness and irregular cycles are big symptoms.

You didn't just stop bc?

nappyaddict Tue 08-Oct-13 16:49:01

bc?

gwenabee85 Tue 08-Oct-13 17:34:27

Nappy - yes, recently diagnosed

nappyaddict Tue 08-Oct-13 17:48:07

Are there tests for PCOS?

gwenabee85 Wed 09-Oct-13 13:34:13

There are tests which diagnosis can be made from yeah, not specifically for pcos though - blood tests for various hormones and scan of ovaries

blamber Wed 09-Oct-13 16:49:50

bc - birth control

nappyaddict Thu 10-Oct-13 18:40:38

Can PCOS develop over time or is it something you are born with?

gwenabee85 Fri 11-Oct-13 13:45:32

I assume it develops over time, i was diagnosed in August due to irregular cycles as i came off the pill in December 2012 after 9 years. My cycles were regular before i went on the pill (when i was 17)

nappyaddict Fri 18-Oct-13 23:04:54

ThoraNomiki Any sign on BFP or AF for you? I hate being stuck in this no man's land!

bluefreckles Mon 28-Oct-13 15:58:43

Hi nappy. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm on CD61 now! No BFP on any home tests yet but loads of pg symptoms.

Up until now I've never missed a period and my cycles are between 29 and 33 days without fail, bar one 42day cycle last December which was a couple of months after I vam off the pill so I assume my body adjusting.

I have a transvaginal ultrasound scan next Wed so hoping I'll have more of an idea then.

It's rubbish isnt it.

Everything in me is shouting that I'm pg but tests are saying otherwise sad

nappyaddict Fri 01-Nov-13 21:14:32

I'm on CD 78 now. Did anything come of the scan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now