BFPs will be falling like Autumn Leaves for the Rat Smackers, and we are Brooking No Argument!

(259 Posts)
ControlGeek Mon 02-Sep-13 17:39:44

Last fred:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1810699-Brook-no-arguments-smack-those-rats-Its-time-for-us-all-to-become-PSEPP-Come-join-us-we-are-getting-our-BFPs-no-matter-what?reverse=1

<Hangs a festive Autumn wreath on the door, starts the wood stack for log fires, and makes sure there is plenty of cocoa and marshmallows in the cupboard>

Making the most of the last days of Summer, but keeping a weather eye out for Autumn, and looking forward to all of those outstanding BFPs!

Withalittlesparkle Wed 25-Sep-13 07:35:57

Not at all Beedles smile

I think it was a question from a very caring person sparkle. It is something we've thought through and life will be changing dramatically in December when we move back to the UK.

I think that ttc and having children is a very hard thing with lots of issues and I think that most people experience at least one of those issues when they come to want to start a family. I think that sadness will help us all grow as people and be better parents. The randomness of life, the unfairness of life and our decisions we make slowly or quickly, regret or never doubt help us learn everyday.

As an athetist thats the best comfort I have, hah smile

ControlGeek Wed 25-Sep-13 08:00:18

beeeeeeedle well done on starting with the sniffer dogs again, you are now on your winning round and it won't be long before they sniff out your bfp. Deffo.

And just adding my voice to beedle and boo's comments that this really isn't the thread to start bandying abortion around like it's a contraception choice. Because, y'know, we're all just so super fertile that we can afford to do that just for the sake of delaying TTC for 2-3 months. Yes, I'm another one who left the FB group because of 'that' discussion.

If brooking is now about fertility issues then I am sorry for bringing my problem to either here or the fb page. I had misunderstood.

ControlGeek Wed 25-Sep-13 08:05:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 25-Sep-13 08:13:29

Thanks geek how's everything with you?

Yes it did Geek and how dare you describe me in that way.

I would never wish the decision I made on my worst enemy.

And I wouldnt wish this thread on myself anymore.

keepitgoing Wed 25-Sep-13 08:27:15

pomme its not just about fertility issues, but it is about conception. Some people here have been trying for years, so it is very difficult to see someone make a decision (I too am pro choice) but then even harder if they then ttc a few months later.

geek x

It is still not right to describe someone on a thread in this way after the heartbreak 'they' have this summer. That is not the actions of a nice person.

Thank you for reminding me that I dont have to explain anything to anyone and nor should I look to rely on anyone to understand me.

However - on explaining myself if you would like to understand (or even really give a shit outside of how my experience makes you feel the world is unfair) google atonement baby. I am not uncommon or weird.

I wish you all success with conceiving and having sticky ones as soon as possible.

ControlGeek Wed 25-Sep-13 09:18:17

beedle thanks lovely, up and down. I'm caught between wishing my next round could happen tomorrow, and feeling it couldn't be far enough away. While it's still ahead of me, there is still hope iykwim. Once it's been and gone it'll be at least two years before we can afford a private round. Having said that, there were a few tears the other day when the clinic said I might have to postpone stimming until February due to them undergoing a refurb at Christmas confused I will know more in the second week of October. Down regging will start in either November or December (happy crimbo geek have a nice dose of menopause).

pomme I have pm'd you - not for a slanging match, that's the last thing either of us want. Just because I don't think the thread needs this. I hope you will read it, and take it in the spirit it is intended.

Oh Geek lovely. You're lost definitely in limbo land aren't you. I really hope they don't postpone your treatment till Feb. you have no idea how tightly crossed I'm keeping everything for you xxx

Pomme, as Keep said, brooking isn't about infertility, but my god, I couldn't have gone through my treatment without these amaing women. Reading your story massively affected a lot of us. I too am incredibly pro choice, but TTC months after a termination is just hard to understand.

<sweeps buffet into large doggy bag for consumption at a later date>

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 25-Sep-13 09:46:05

Oh I know what you mean geek though we are very lucky in that if this doesn't work we still have another free go and we could afford to go private after that, if we thought that it might work. Of course that is entirely irrelevant as the next round is going to work for both of us.
It doesn't help that MrB is very stressed at the moment, its mainly other stuff, but the IVF is adding to it. We actually discussed postponing the cycle but he didn't want to.

I think you try to know all before you judge, between my health and living in Italy 6 months to us changes our world completely. But, who cares about details right?

Anyway as I said, ta-rah to brooking on fb and mumsnet. Thanks to all the brookers I have loved 'talking' to over the last 2.5 years.

Thanks geek for the pm, it was appreciated.

I really do hope that you guys get everything you want. I dont agree with transplacing your situations onto mine but I can but imagine the heartache of struggling with fertility. I wish you all the best, stay strong (and know that attacking people like me makes me stronger and you weaker) - dont do it to yourselves. xxxx

Right, this is all getting a bit heated here, I think it is safe to say that given a choice any lady on this thread would give their right arm, leg and anything else to have their BFP, and will fight to the end for it! This being said, let's leave it here now this lovely new thread is the perfect place to put it behind us and get on with what you've all got coming up!

You have to be able to validate that for my situation to be able to say that to me boo.

You would fight for a bfp no matter what, never even considering a termination, even if you thought that pg in the country you were living in with the health issues you have could result in your TWO other LIVING children being left motherless??

But yeah, whatever, poor you lot and bitchy old heartless me.

Generalise away if it makes you feel better. But know that you are wrong.

runningtostandstill Wed 25-Sep-13 14:17:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

hinkyhonk Wed 25-Sep-13 14:39:07

could i request a deep breath from all? pretty please?

i'm fairly sure that there are pertinent medical issues which perhaps all are not aware of.

its worth bearing in mind that we can never truly know what is going on for anyone and particularly on an internet forum.

when discussing such emotive and personal issues could we perhaps try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and be as circumspect as possible.

love to all dudes and perhaps not get into a bunfight?

hinkyhonk Wed 25-Sep-13 14:41:06

note to self buy a thesaurus - way to many perhaps in there

Brookers new thread because this one has gone a bit awry and way off topic!

blush the link above is to something quite different blush

here is the new thread

Sorry about that!

runningtostandstill Wed 25-Sep-13 15:55:06

What do you want? Me to apologize for being fertile fertile? SORRY.

Of course not, but I would have thought apologising for having (inadvertantly) upset a whole bunch of people would be a good start.

But you're all right, enough is enough. So best wishes all round.

New thread please everyone move over so we can close this one down.

Solars Wed 25-Sep-13 16:16:11

Wow I never thought I'd come back to the ttc thread and read all this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Hinky. I don't however know what was discussed on the FB group, I missed all of that.

I just feel it's a shame it got to a level where someone felt forced to leave the thread. Mindfulness and giving someone the benefit of doubt especially on an Internet forum can go a long way.

Brooking for you all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now