Ladies this way please-an experiment! Light hearted

(174 Posts)

So on my profile (hopefully) there is a picture of the famous fertility statues. They are currently on display at ripleys believe it or not in Orlando. In September 2008 I touched these statues and then conceived in my third month of trying in 2009. I had been trying for 9 months to Conceive dc2 when I saw something about the statues and saved a photo of them to my ipad. I dutifully touched the photo a couple of times and now in the tenth month of trying I am pregnant!
Now I know its probably a load of bull and it was probably just my time to get pregnant but anyone want to give it a go and report back on this thread? Would be interesting not very scientific at all experiment.
Let me know if the photo isn't there but hopefully it is on my profile.

PistachioTruffle Sun 31-Mar-13 11:30:36

Ok, I'll participate. Have dutifully rubbed iPad screen touched the photo, and will report back. Can't hurt, can it?! wink

EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 11:33:56

OK, photo stroked!

mrsden Sun 31-Mar-13 11:36:02

Photo stroked, I'm starting ivf in April so I'll report back smile

FlysInDreams Sun 31-Mar-13 11:39:05

Touched! grin

Alohomora Sun 31-Mar-13 12:02:11

Photo fondled, may it bring success!

keepitgoing Sun 31-Mar-13 12:12:07

Why bother with the ivf mrsden smile

I just got back from delivering a model pens to a fertility shrine, in appreciation for ivf that has, so far, worked. I am equally more loony.

keepitgoing Sun 31-Mar-13 12:12:58

That's penis, not pens. Clearly haven't written that before, autocorrect!

mrsden Sun 31-Mar-13 12:21:25

Ohhh going does this mean you're pregnant??

keepitgoing Sun 31-Mar-13 12:35:05

5+2, yes smile smile am vv nervous but taking it one step at a time. I still can't really believe it! All the best for your treatment, I think you have mf, so hopefully icsi will sort you right out!

Congrats keepitgoing! Cool my first mugs customers. grin only joking.i was of the it can't hurt brigade and here I am pregnant!

twentythirteen Sun 31-Mar-13 13:37:54

Congratulations Quiet and Keep. I'm in th e2ww following 3 mc's no dc, I've now fondled a picture for the first time!

twentythirteen Sun 31-Mar-13 13:54:05

I should have added that I'm only just on the 2ww, literally have my legs on the air as I peruse MN!

littlepinkfizz Sun 31-Mar-13 14:37:22

Dutifully stroked and saved! grin

I'll give it a try smile

mrsden Sun 31-Mar-13 15:42:38

Congratulations keep and quiet I understand the taking it one day at a time, but hopefully this is your time. Yes, we have severe male factor so in theory icsi should sort us out, either that or the fertility statues wink

joycep Sun 31-Mar-13 15:58:09

photo caressed.

sudaname Sun 31-Mar-13 15:58:49

Ok touched it but am 52years old and two years post menopause, but hey l'm bored grin grin

Now that really would be a miracle - l could be famous and have a statue of me and everything, with organised pilgrimages and mumsnetters could get discounts and............. grin

God l really am bored pass another easter egg

attilascupcakes Sun 31-Mar-13 16:01:30

Haha, ok, its been duly stroked. I will report back within the next month if its worked grin

sudaname Sun 31-Mar-13 16:01:56

If l eat any more l will be getting those eighties smocks back out anyway.

TwoMs Sun 31-Mar-13 17:05:56

Definitely worth a go grin

happylass Sun 31-Mar-13 17:09:00

Eight cycles of TTC and I'm willing to try just about anything! Will let you know how I get on in about 2 weeks!

Lol at twentythirteen just minutes into the 2ww!

Fingers crossed sudaname wink

TreeLuLa Sun 31-Mar-13 17:16:04

Have stroked.

Have implant and not planning on any more kids but hey wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now