Scan question?

(12 Posts)
EuroShagmore Sun 27-Jan-13 09:22:44

Sometimes they can see if fluid is collecting in the tubes from a scan, but they are not great for looking at tubes. That's why they have the hsg specifically for that. You really need to ask your husband to ease off on the time pressure though - that really can't be helping.

Happilymarried155 Sun 27-Jan-13 08:17:12

The scan will check the shape of your uterus, if you have cysts on you ovaries and the size of your ovaries etc....I was amazed they can even see all your eggs in your ovaries and everything!
But you will need a hsg for them to see scarring.
Good luck!

babyrose Sun 27-Jan-13 06:17:14

I went to get a scan but it was for af and they actually said at the time I was just about to ovulate. That was before I had ds wish I had payed more attention to the day!

Littlebearlost Sat 26-Jan-13 21:30:43

I have in desperation looked at going privately for hsg and think that's what we will probably do. I am 30 but dh is 39 and says if it doesn't happen this year then he wants to forget it as he'll be too old. So I feel under a bit if time pressure.
I will have this scan first and just see if it shows anything obvious. No point going straight for the hsg if it can be avoided I suppose...

akuabadoll Sat 26-Jan-13 21:24:51

No problem. You are right, to find a blockage you will need an hsg. One step at a time. Just keep going, hard as it is.

Littlebearlost Sat 26-Jan-13 21:18:56

Would they be able to see scarring to Fallopian tubes? This is what I think is the problem.
I guess I'll end up going for an hsg scan. I have a feeling this one will show nothing.
Thank you for advice x

akuabadoll Sat 26-Jan-13 21:11:49

even if sperm is still looking for egg they will be out of the way of the fannycam wink

I can understand why you are thinking about it. When you have been trying for a while every little thing matters, it's part of the deal.

You are right, they won't see that much, they should see basic structures, whether you have ovulated, any cysts..beyond that more tests are needed.

Littlebearlost Sat 26-Jan-13 21:02:58

Thanks.
What will they be able to see from the scan? Will they be able to tell if there is obvious scarring to the tubes or are they just looking for a cyst or something? It's not an hsg scan just a regular one, I didn't think they could see much from that?

EuroShagmore Sat 26-Jan-13 20:55:16

The scan shouldn't affect anything.

I've had at least a couple of dozen of fertility-related scans by this point and every single one has been internal.

Littlebearlost Sat 26-Jan-13 20:43:51

Fannycam! Think I prefer that to dildo cam! Apparently I have to drink loads as it should be an external scan. I might not bother as why put myself through the discomfort of needing a wee and then having to be fannycammed anyway?!

It was more I wondered if the spermies were just catching the egg or anything whether or not fannycam would stop pregnancy occurring. If I don't ovulate exactly on time scan may be on say of ovulation. I don't think I'd actually be pregnant when I went for the scan. I don't know why I'm worried really. It's not likely to happen this month, it hasn't for the previous 16!

akuabadoll Sat 26-Jan-13 20:34:34

No, don't worry about it. I'm overseas and my friend just had a fannycam in early pregnancy. No harm will be done.

Littlebearlost Sat 26-Jan-13 20:17:45

So I'm going for a dildo cam session the week after next as a prelude to an hsg scan. They are just ruling out anything else obvious I think. It will be internal as I know from previous experience that because I have a uterus that tips backwards they won't be able to see anything otherwise.

My mad question is this: the scan will be just after I'm due to ovulate so obviously will have been dtd a lot around this time. If by some time bizarre chance we did manage to conceive would the internal scan affect it? The scan is two days after I'm due to ovulate. It's highly unlikely I will fall pregnant this cycle anyway as we've been trying for ages...but just wondered if having an internal scan would affect the chances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now