How early in cycle can you test

(8 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 13-Jan-13 17:43:10

I tested a couple of days early when I finally got my BFP, only because I had symptoms a plenty! I used to POAS ridiculously early, experience taught me it was kinder just to get AF than send myself mental squinting a BFNs imagining a second line. I would definitely reccomend testing around when AF is due.

Letstryagain Sun 13-Jan-13 15:05:52

Thank you, an the link was really useful ginwhizz; will hold off until next week - fingers crossed!

twinklestar2 Sun 13-Jan-13 00:46:29

I'd say around cd30-33

riskit4abiskit Sun 13-Jan-13 00:12:13

Very helpful website, I read it ! Thanks

Ginshizz Fri 11-Jan-13 22:32:51

Hi OP,

Hope this might help?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 10-Jan-13 07:15:23

Personally I don't test unless I'm actually late. After almost 3 years of TTC I find negative tests heartbreaking, so would rather see my period than a negative test.

According to stats I've seen on Fertility Friend, you really need to be at least 12 dpo before testing - any earlier and the results are just not accurate enough and you might as well just pee on a £5 note! Even at 14dpo tests are only 85% accurate, which is still a pretty big margin of error!

oxeye Thu 10-Jan-13 02:15:39

if you are prepared to pay for a blood test you can do it within a few days of possible conception - you do the test for hormones in the blood and repeat a week later for confirmation - you have to pay but not much Fingers Crossed!

Letstryagain Wed 09-Jan-13 22:10:51

Just starting Ttc - 34 day cycle & unsure of ovulation; when is the earliest I can do a test? Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now