Anyone want to scream with me?

(70 Posts)
getoffthecoffeetable Wed 03-Oct-12 20:00:40

Have been TTC for a while now. Yet again, can feel tell tale signs that am about to come on, again. Gutted. Not helped by the flippant comment DH made this morning when he asked if I was pregnant yet and what was taking so long this time. Am sure he didn't mean it to come out the way it sounded but was not amused.
Anyway, have DS upstairs asleep at the moment so can only do virtual screaming. Anyone want to join me?

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 09-Oct-12 19:58:23

Jenrendo that's adorable. Sounds like you all had some great birthday celebrations.

Happily sounds like you had a great day with the wee ones.

Mistress sorry you're suffering this month. Passing you the virtual hot water bottle and a cuppa and hoping you feel better soon.

My AF is still here, grrr!

jenrendo Wed 10-Oct-12 13:54:23

Ah well I think that's my AF on the way now too.....got that familiar feeling sad Due to start a different drug next cycle though so been reading up about that. Always focussing on the next shot......

So sorry Jenrendo. If it makes you feel any better, I'm right behind you.

I had a very strange experience at acupuncture this week. Had it last week at 1dpo and she said to me 'Your pulse is very strong, that's a good sign' and then just before I left, she very pointedly said 'take it easy the next few days, ok?' I said yes f course but didn't think much about it and then I thought what did she mean by that and of course got to googling. I didn't even know an acupuncturist might be able to tell you're pregnant by your pulse! Still skeptical but intrigued! Anyway I've been spotting all week so when I told her that at my appointment last night she was so surprised and said I thought fr sure you were pregnant lat week. And sure enough when she felt my ulse she said it wasn't the same as it was the week before. Like I said, I'm skeptical....but it's interesting isn't it?

jenrendo Thu 11-Oct-12 19:46:51

Lastbox how weird is that?! Very intriguing indeed. Well, still nothing here, just that peculiar feeling that something is about to start. I just wish it would so that I can get on with the next cycle smile

jenrendo Sat 13-Oct-12 19:14:34

Well, now day 27 and still no AF. My body is playing horrible tricks on me. Last cycle of Clomid AF came on day 23. Grrrr, screaming inside with frustration while DS naps upstairs. Looking forward to an evening of wine and cake decorating though! Even spent the morning making my own marshmallow fondant. Delish! DS is 2 tomorrow smile

jenrendo Mon 15-Oct-12 19:35:39

Well, it came bang on day 28, right when I was about to get dressed for DS' party. Bugger it! Here we go again smile

Aw Jen sad so sorry to hear. CD 4 here so we can wait it out together.

How was DS's party? He sounds adorable!

I've had a really weird period actually. First two days were extremely heavy with HUGE clots but strangely not painful at all hmm. Usually clots like that are accompanied by really bad cramps. Sorry if this is all TMI! I just wonder if it had anything to do with what acupuncturist was suggesting (ie that egg was fertilized but didn't implant). Strange

jenrendo Tue 16-Oct-12 00:47:20

Hmm that is strange indeed! Mine are never one and the same, but usually with clots I'm the same as you. Bleuch!

DS' party was chaotic and he loved every minute. I am now investigating some new storage options to keep his beloved vehicle collection in! I have to admit that he is quite cute most of the time, happy playing by himself and pottering around with his cars etc but also not too bad at play dates. I totally worry all the time that he is going to be a 'typical only child' and work hard to teach him to share etc but man, it is tricky! That's partly why I'm so desperate for him to have a sibling.

Well, had to phone the doc today to get referred for a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to see what is happening with my tube. I had a lap and dye in the UK 4 years ago and it showed my one and only tube was blocked, but then along came DS by surprise so I have no idea what the story was there. I will be quite interested to see what it shows up this time. If it is blocked I will get free IVF but have to pay for the drugs (about $2000) so really not sure we would go ahead with that all over again. It really is hard on your marriage and emotional health sad

Anyhoo, have a great week smile

He sounds adorable. Hopefully you have nothing to worry about on the sharing front. Mine went through a real horrible phase about not sharing but seems to be getting better. No complaints from his pre school anyway :-) As for cars we have this one and it holds tons! Can actually fit two cars in each slot if they're skinny race cars. We actually were going to order a second on our next trp to the States though because he needs another blush I confess it's my fault - Hotwheels are a cheap and easy way to keep him quiet when I'm trying to get through Sainsburys so he gets a new one nearly every week!

Good luck with you HSG. Think we're going to see a clinic after this cycle... hmm

jenrendo Sun 21-Oct-12 19:09:41

That looks like a great box for cars! I'll let you know how it all goes smile

jenrendo Wed 24-Oct-12 19:44:02

Well, not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but had the HSG yesterday. Was horribly uncomfortable and stung a lot. However, the doctor found that my tube is NOT blocked! Now, what's that all about? I had a lap and dye a few years ago that told me it was. I only have one tube. Very odd indeed. So, no free IVF for us but also no reason why we shouldn't conceive with a few drugs. I guess we just have to keep going! smile

Happilymarried155 Wed 24-Oct-12 19:51:03

Hi Jen,
I'm so glad your tube wasn't blocked!! I have a hsg tommorow and I'm so scared, scared of the procedure and scared of the results!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you, I have heard a lot of people get pregnant the first few months after a hsg smile here's hoping!!!

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 24-Oct-12 19:59:20

Jen that's fantastic news about your tube not being blocked. Positive thinking now and plenty of practising and hopefully Happily is right and it'll be good news for you and the HSG will bring you luck.

Good luck Happily tomorrow. I hope that you have good news.

Haven't been on the thread for a few days. It's nice to catch up, especially to see good news! I've been doing much practising and am desperately hoping that AF doesn't arrive on 7th Nov and am now feeling part hopeful and part dread. Am sure you girls know the feeling well.

Anyway, the best of luck ladies.wink Keep us posted.

jenrendo Thu 25-Oct-12 01:29:25

Happily I won't lie. It did smart a bit!! Take 2 Advil an hour before to help you relax. That's what they recommended to me. They also had to put a clip on my cervix because "it was flopping about a bit"!!! which didn't help. I'm sure you'll be ok and a brave lady! Good luck.

Getoff I will be thinking of you on the 7th! I'll keep checking every few days to see if there's any news. The lady at the scan yesterday said as I was leaving, "see you back here pregnant" so she is perhaps hopeful that it will work out for me. Let's hope it works out for all of us smile

jenrendo Thu 25-Oct-12 01:30:40

Oh, and as an aside, my usually lovely and very understanding DH said to me last night once I'd finished explaining everything, "so, are we shagging tonight then?". Really?!! He was hit with a resounding silence grin

getoffthecoffeetable Thu 25-Oct-12 13:50:11

Jen bless your DH. You can't blame the poor fella for trying!
Am liking the positive vibes from the lady at the scan! Fingers and toes crossed.

Much dancing around with the baby dust!

jenrendo Thu 25-Oct-12 17:53:39

Ha ha I know. He's a trier!!

Happilymarried155 Thu 25-Oct-12 18:01:25

Had hsg, was fine didn't hurt too much but have come back feeling really depressed. He said that my right tube was fine, he couldn't tell with my left as there wasn't any liquid going down that side but he will assume that both tubes are fine :-0 then he told us to come back in 6 months when we can have iui.

I don't know why but I'm so upset, I really thought that maybe be would start me on clomid or something. 6 months seems like forever after 2 years of trying sad

jenrendo Fri 26-Oct-12 02:08:45

Aw Happily I know how despondant you must feel sad Can you be a bit more pushy and get on the phone and chase them for Clomid? I am finding that I am having to be very proactive with things otherwise nothing gets done. I remember the awful feeling of being totally helpless, waiting for a year then being referred, then waiting for the lap and dye, waiting for the fertility clinic then being told the IVF waiting list was 2 years. It's just bloody awful isn't it? We went private for 2 cycles (thanks to my lovely dad) because I just couldn't wait. It didn't work anyway though. On the plus side I got pregnant by myself, with only one tube, which was apparently blocked, so you have lots of chance smile I know it's saying the obvious but you just have to keep going. A lot of couples conceive while they're waiting for fertility treatment. Thinking of you smile

jenrendo Sun 04-Nov-12 20:51:05

Anyone still read this? Well, my sister just told me on Skype that she's pregnant again and I had to be brave for 45 mins before I could get off and cry. I don't know what makes me sadder, the fact that she's pregnant after a whole one month of trying and I'm not, or the fact that she was so terrified to tell me sad I am definately screaming inside today smile

Happilymarried155 Sun 04-Nov-12 21:56:09

Jen my best friend did the same thing to me, she is also pregnant after one month of trying and I'm so unbearably sad, I really understand how you feel. When my friend told me I felt so selfish because all I could think was why not me? When is my turn? sad

jenrendo Mon 05-Nov-12 13:59:04

I am just so annoyed with myself that I can be so selfish when I already have a lovely wee boy, and so gutted that she was so worried about telling me. Me and DH have had words tonight too which isn't helping, and he is giving me the same old lectures about putting pressure on myself and being happy with one. Boo sad

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 21-Nov-12 17:50:55

Bless you both. I totally know what you mean, two family members now up the duff while we've been trying. It's so frustrating!
Jen do you feel like you're piling the pressure on yourself? It's difficult to know what to do though about trying not to totally stress out about it though.
Sorry I've been away for a bit, had a bit of a drama with DS's nursery. All sorted now. Am pulling him out and putting him in a new one. I think I probably went a bit over the top and mama bear about it all but I don't care. Am much happier about it!
Am currently doing the wait again. How about you ladies?

jenrendo Wed 05-Dec-12 01:00:57

Hello ladies. Anyone there? First month on Letrozole and today my period was due. After 3 tests I can (I think) do a wee dance. I got a BFP grin! So, only 4 weeks and a way to go yet, but off home for Christmas and my family will be over the moon. We can't believe it after 18 months and only one tube yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa! Hope you're all doing well xxxxx

jenrendo Wed 05-Dec-12 01:02:18

Getoff how did your DS' nursery change go? Everything run smoothly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now