CB Trial - what on earth are we doing?!

(255 Posts)
DulcetMoans Mon 16-Jul-12 13:01:40

Thought it might be useful to have a place for the ladies doing the CB Trial to chat and ask questions.

All my kit turned up at the weekend and the amount of information was overwhelming. Thought I can't be the only one that might need a little help through this process, and a bigger fridge! So please come and join if you are taking part, we can get through it together.

AF due about 19th so assuming we start on CD1 (?) I will be peeing away from then!

LisaC2611 Wed 25-Jul-12 10:56:01

I'm using FMU combat. CD 8 for me and no surge yet but then I didn't expect one.

Question for everyone who has started the trial - in the information booklet it shows that the samples turn blue - has everyones changed colour? Mine hasn't and they sent me my pots after the box turned up as they had forgotten them and I hope they've sent me the right ones! confused

combatqueen Wed 25-Jul-12 12:07:31

Lisa - no my samples stay the same colour, i have a feeling the blue is just food colour so that it shows up in the photos for the instructions.

DulcetMoans Wed 25-Jul-12 12:25:59

Yeah, I think the blue is just for the pictures. Mine hasn't changed colour anyway. There is a difference between the pots though which is interesting. I am using FMU as well. Plan to start charting from Friday which will be CD7. Hopefully that is about right?

LisaC2611 Wed 25-Jul-12 14:02:43

Ok thanks girls, thought I would just check I wasnt doing something wrong grin

NicolaHazel Wed 25-Jul-12 18:57:15

Nice plastic hat!!

LisaC2611 Wed 25-Jul-12 21:28:40

I like my plastic hat grin

NicolaHazel Wed 25-Jul-12 22:00:31

I won't be using the hat!

I have good aim :-)

LisaC2611 Wed 25-Jul-12 22:11:43

Ah but can u pee in a pot and on the stick at the same time? Hat makes it much easier!

Pipbin Wed 25-Jul-12 22:12:54

I've been accepted on to the trial today and I'm a bit excited to get started now.
I did tell the lady that I had a CBFM and it didn't work for me. I don't think she wanted to hear that.
It seems like it's going to be a bit gross, wee in the fridge and all that, but if it helps another woman get pregnant quicker then it's all good.

NicolaHazel Wed 25-Jul-12 22:20:51

Ooh...a dexterity challenge before 6am after being awake for a minute. We shall see!

LisaC2611 Thu 26-Jul-12 07:06:47

I've not taken the challenge and just use the hat, so much easier and at that time in the morning, the easier the better grin

NicolaHazel Thu 26-Jul-12 07:22:32

I should really read the instructions, but will leave it til nearer the time, I think.

I was working until almost 10 last night, so didn't have time to look. Only on CD11 though!

MyMamaToldMe Thu 26-Jul-12 11:10:02

I've just been accepted on to the trial - so please can I join too? I am waiting for my paperwork (and big box), and then it is all systems go! I am a little annoyed with myself in that last Saturday I bought 2 boxes of CB ovulation kits as I hadn't heard back from CB, so I thought I wasn't in. Lesson in not being too impatient! wink

Lisamol Thu 26-Jul-12 11:49:42

My first pot is now happily sat in my fridge. Stupid me thought I was being really organised though (I don't do mornings very well!) and pre wrote my labels for first 14 days - starting with the wrong date so now they're all wrong! Ooooops!

babyjames Thu 26-Jul-12 13:46:40

I got a call today but have decided to decline as am worried about the extra stress in my already busy day. I brought my own kit last week too. Just thought I'd post have had waited ages for the call so don't give up hope.

DulcetMoans Fri 27-Jul-12 18:11:07

I realised my dates are all wrong this morning lisa. I'm a day behind some how, not sure what to do about it either!

Not using the hat, but I am using my favoured pee pot to dip and then transfer!

Used the monitor for the first time this morning, no smily as expected. I'm confused on the paper work though as there are three categories but only two results- smily or no smily! Does that make sense?!

Lisamol Fri 27-Jul-12 18:15:45

Yeah I've not read the sticks instructions yet but was
Confused about that as well. Maybe some people have the monitor as I think that has 3 categories?

I think it was based on the monitor aswell you just do high or no, I'm still waiting to join the secret hat club sad

LisaC2611 Fri 27-Jul-12 19:01:39

I haven't looked at the column headings, just kept filling out no surge -oops maybe I should have read it properly wink

LisaC2611 Sun 29-Jul-12 18:30:31

On cd12 today, I got my smile this morning but hubby not playing ball sad

AmayaBuzzbee Mon 30-Jul-12 13:46:31

Kitty to your earlier question on what to do if you get pregnant before trial starts; well, I have just sent an email to them as this is exactly what has happened to me!

AF is due on Wednesday, did a CB digi this morning and it shows 2-3wks pregnant! grin I did use these same CB OPK sticks to pinpoint ov, so clearly they work. I shall let you know how they respond -I think they still would like samples, but not sure if I should wait till Wednesday to start collecting (when AF is actually due).

Lisa have you DTD'd before you got your smiley face? I think that for me the key to getting pg is to DTD during the days leading to the smiley face. I am pretty sure DD was conceived with 5 days old swimmers, and this time we DTD'd every other day till OV, and then two days in a row (the day I got the smiley face and one after). You could still jump DH today and/or tomorrow morning and be in the game for this cycle. I hope he perks up -literally! smile

AmayaBuzzbee Mon 30-Jul-12 14:15:15

Ladies -samples are not needed if you get pregnant before you start the trial. I have been asked to pack up the trial stuff and send back.

I guess I am then saying bye to you lovely ladies too -have fun and good luck to you all!

LisaC2611 Mon 30-Jul-12 14:16:34

Congratulations on your BFP Amaya.

We DTD on Wednesday so may have been covered from that, but I also convinced him last night to DTD, am keeping my fingers crossed that we got it somehow.

I must admit I was quite surprised to see the smile yesterday morning as I wasn't expecting it for another 4 days, but when I looked at my period calendar it was exactly 28 days after the last lh surge, so hopefully it means everything is working well and I just need one of his little swimmers to do their job properly grin

fx for a bfp for me in 2 weeks time.

Thanks amaya and congrats!!!
Let us know what they say, I methinks I'd do the samples now from tomorrow morning if they want then they will let you know if not then I'm sure they won't mind a few pots being used smile

Ellypoo Mon 30-Jul-12 17:29:09

Quick question: I have started to collect samples now, AF was 4 days late, so wasted 1 of the pg tests but have collected 4 samples so far. Apparently you can only fit 6 sample pots in the plastic tubs, but they have sent 3 tubs instead - do we send off 14 samples in 3 tubs? What do we then use until they send us the next batch? Or do we send 12 samples and keep the 3rd box until we fill it? So confusing!
And, do you send the diary sheets off in the jiffy bags with the wee samples, or do they go separately?
Also, do you start using the OPKs from first day after AF finishes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now