Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hand, foot & mouth in adults?

(5 Posts)
minibmw2010 Tue 05-Mar-13 12:36:04

roundabout1 that's what my DS's spots were like. Are there any on her feet? My DS's were on his heel. He only has a mild form thankfully as he has none in his mouth but he keeps getting a temp at night.

I haven't developed it, so no idea what the itching was.

roundabout1 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:42:36

My dd (7) has had a rash on her stomach for the last few days & generally feeling off. Last night she was crying & saying her tongue hurt & she had spots on it. Today she has spots on her hand, only small ones but they are red & pimply looking. NOt sure if this is hand foot & mouth, she's had it before but that was boil like spots rather than pimply.

battyralphie Mon 04-Mar-13 10:47:35

I had it. Wasnt too bad, had a lot of mouth ulcers, which were very painful, but no rash anywhere else. Also felt as if I had flu for a day or two, but that was fairly manageable with paracetamol. Worst thing was the ulcers really.

I caught it from DS and it was awful.
I didn't get an itchy rash though. Towards the end I got what looked like a coldsore but on my chin.
Other than that I just had the most awful flu like symptoms.

Mild illness my arse. I actually cried.
I really feel for any child that catches it. But it sounds as if your DS is coping OK, I'm glad to hear it.

Dose up and look after yourselves. I hope it buggers off soon.

minibmw2010 Sun 03-Mar-13 12:12:36

Does anyone have any experience in this? My DS (21 months) came out in the spots y'day (well actually probably Friday but I only noticed them last night as he's been in very good form otherwise). Anyway, I've been itching madly since Friday afternoon and I keep seeing various reports that say an itchy rash is part of it for adults. Any ideas? I have a massive itch but not a rash as such?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now