Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hand, foot & mouth in adults?

(5 Posts)
minibmw2010 Sun 03-Mar-13 12:12:36

Does anyone have any experience in this? My DS (21 months) came out in the spots y'day (well actually probably Friday but I only noticed them last night as he's been in very good form otherwise). Anyway, I've been itching madly since Friday afternoon and I keep seeing various reports that say an itchy rash is part of it for adults. Any ideas? I have a massive itch but not a rash as such?

I caught it from DS and it was awful.
I didn't get an itchy rash though. Towards the end I got what looked like a coldsore but on my chin.
Other than that I just had the most awful flu like symptoms.

Mild illness my arse. I actually cried.
I really feel for any child that catches it. But it sounds as if your DS is coping OK, I'm glad to hear it.

Dose up and look after yourselves. I hope it buggers off soon.

battyralphie Mon 04-Mar-13 10:47:35

I had it. Wasnt too bad, had a lot of mouth ulcers, which were very painful, but no rash anywhere else. Also felt as if I had flu for a day or two, but that was fairly manageable with paracetamol. Worst thing was the ulcers really.

roundabout1 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:42:36

My dd (7) has had a rash on her stomach for the last few days & generally feeling off. Last night she was crying & saying her tongue hurt & she had spots on it. Today she has spots on her hand, only small ones but they are red & pimply looking. NOt sure if this is hand foot & mouth, she's had it before but that was boil like spots rather than pimply.

minibmw2010 Tue 05-Mar-13 12:36:04

roundabout1 that's what my DS's spots were like. Are there any on her feet? My DS's were on his heel. He only has a mild form thankfully as he has none in his mouth but he keeps getting a temp at night.

I haven't developed it, so no idea what the itching was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now