Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Possible ingestion of liquid in glitter double sided cup

(6 Posts)

DD was over at a friend's house yesterday and was drinking from one of those cups with the double sides which have water and glitter actually inside the cup walls. When she finished I noticed that there was very little liquid inside the walls - that it must have leaked at some point. Not sure whether this was before she drank her drink (I didn't check but it wasn't a new cup) or during.

Checked the apple juice in the cup and there was no glitter in it and I couldn't see any in her mouth (although the glitter bits were probably too small to get through any leaking point that was there) She seems fine, no tummy aches etc. Just wondered if anyone knows anything about these cups and what is in them and is it likely to cause problems?

KatoPotato Tue 19-Feb-13 16:50:10

I'm quite sure the seam on these cups is on the outside, and is further down than the lip where her mouth would be?

Most likely to have leaked from the little plug at the bottom...

N0tinmylife Tue 19-Feb-13 16:55:42

I wouldn't be too worried, I'd imagine anything in the cup, would need to be safe to drink anyway, so even if she did manage to swallow some, which sounds unlikely, I don't think she would come to any harm.

Thanks - that's what I thought. Not sure if there is a plug - didn't see one. I'm guessing (hoping) that these type of cups leak from time to time and therefore should be ok.

KatoPotato Tue 19-Feb-13 17:03:12

I'm almost certain it's happened during washing up! But try not to worry, it'll be non-toxic and i reckon would have tasted vile and she'd have let you know (but she didn't!)

DeWe Wed 20-Feb-13 15:46:41

DD2 ate a certain amount of red glitter when she was about 15 months. The glitter came straight through with no problems. And she had very pretty nappies for a few days. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now