Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

baby with night cough for two months now,please help!

(2 Posts)
tinkerbelle31 Thu 07-Feb-13 12:37:38

I recently went through this with my ds1 and he's 5 he couldn't seem to shift this cough at night and was fine all day. I did the same as you back and forth to the doctors he eventually got an inhaler which stopped his night time cough straight away I would suggest going back to your doctors and trying the inhaler, we tried it for 2 weeks went back to the doctors for a check up turns out he didnt have asthma but the inhler helped him breath while his body fought a viral infection

RattyRoland Wed 06-Feb-13 22:27:40

Hi, my dd 13mo has had a night cough for two months now. It started as a normal cough but the daytime cough went after a couple of weeks.

She wakes every hour or two coughing, which makes her panic and bf is the only way to calm her sad I've been to the doctor twice in the past two months, the first time she confirmed no chest infection and suggested it would go of its own accord. The second time, a couple of weeks ago, she said it may be a sign of asthma or it could be silent reflux troubling dd, so she prescribed gaviscon. No improvement though sad

Does anyone have any other ideas for what it may be? I'm confused if it is reflux or asthma as why did it start at eleven months?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now