Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

itchy red rash all over back..?

(5 Posts)
partyhell Tue 29-Jan-13 20:45:19

what could it be? Temperature is normal, is otherwise well apart from itching, doesn't look like chicken pox, doesn't look like measles or anything else I've googled. The nearest thing it looks like is prickly heat (from google images).

Do I need to get her seen by a doctor tomorrow in case it's something infectious or send her to school & see if it just goes away?

sittinginthesun Tue 29-Jan-13 20:50:32

My eldest had something similar - I asked a nurse friend to look, and she said it was an allergic reaction. We'd used a different bubble bath, so went back to the old one and it never happened again.

Is it raised and rough? Wonder if its something similar?

partyhell Tue 29-Jan-13 20:53:53

some of it is a bit rough yes. I did put some cream on her this morning (because her skin was dry on her back) but I have used it before & this has never happened... (it's a natural one that I got from holland & barrett)

Sounds like an allergic reaction.

hellymelly Wed 30-Jan-13 00:35:08

I had this with an allergic reaction to anti-biotics. So could be a reaction to the cream, or to something she's eaten. I would give piriton and take her to the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now