Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Chickenpox

(8 Posts)
Inmyopinion1 Tue 29-Jan-13 03:58:38

Incubation from exposure is 14-21 days so if it has only just turned up at school you may have a while to wait yet. If she's been exposed she will almost certainly get it as it's highly contagious.

CaseyShraeger Mon 28-Jan-13 21:15:33

Mine didn't feel unwell at all; it was straight into spots for us.

There are a couple of puking bugs going round at the moment so it could well be that rather than the pox.

Mum2Fergus Mon 28-Jan-13 21:13:38

My DS was sick at nursery on Fri, woke Sat covered in spots...no temp, in fact, neither up nor down with it at all...lots of them already scabbed over...

lljkk Sun 27-Jan-13 20:11:26

No, not at all. But high fever can make someone be sick. Have yours had fever? DC4 had chickenpox the worst and that included high fever for a day.

MarathonMama Sun 27-Jan-13 19:18:48

Thanks! Were any of yours sick with it, I mean puking sick? Dd puked last night, only once though

lljkk Sun 27-Jan-13 16:43:21

Probably 1-4 days. I suppose it was 2 days of moaning before I realised DS2 had it.

The other 3 DC were not ill at all in the slightest way before the spots came out (or afterwards either, in 2 cases)

I always think just about exactly 14 days since spots come out in one sibling before the next one gets it. So I would go on known exposure dates if I were trying to predict.

MarathonMama Sun 27-Jan-13 16:16:31

Bump

MarathonMama Sat 26-Jan-13 16:41:35

How long after starting to feel unwell do the spots appear? DD's school has it and she's feeling out of sorts today. Only a mild temperature though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now