Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Temp of 39.4

(11 Posts)
starshaker Fri 25-Jan-13 18:13:59

This morning he had a temp and was a bit sleepy. Hes had calpol and cuddles and his temp in now back to normal. He went for a sleep and has woken up with a cough and a runny nose. His temp is still fine. Think hes got what his big sister has so im sure warm drinks and snuggles will make him feel better

beautifulgirls Fri 25-Jan-13 17:29:04

Although he wants to sleep is he capable of being awake or is he very drowsy all the time? If he is very drowsy and staying that way you need to have a doctor check him out, even if his temperature is doing better with Calpol. If he can be more or less properly awake some of the time but is sleeping lots in between then that is probably not a particular concern.

When my DS is poorly he always seems to go downhill late afternoon/early evening.

Jemma1111 Fri 25-Jan-13 13:57:55

One of the best things I give to my dcs when they have a high temp , apart from obvious medicines, are ice lollies as they cool the body quicker

starshaker Fri 25-Jan-13 13:52:48

Well I gave him calpol and his temp is back to normal. He just wants to sleep so will keep an eye and see if it goes back up

Sirzy Fri 25-Jan-13 13:13:07

Dont use a cool flannel, that isn't recommended any more as it only cools the skin.

Give calpol and see how he does.

fieldfare Fri 25-Jan-13 13:12:12

Dose up with calpol/nurofen and sponge them with a cool wet flannel, stripping off excess layers of clothing. If its not come down in an hour call the dr and make an appt.

starshaker Fri 25-Jan-13 12:58:23

hes only 2. will get the calpol out and dose him up

Just dose your DC up with nurofen and paracetamol and if temp still keeps going then take to doctors as could be ear/throat infection which needs anti b's

AnotherDay123 Fri 25-Jan-13 12:55:41

I have a very simple rule with this stuff, if temp is over 39 and doesn't come down with calpol etc then I get DS to a Dr. Works for me.
How old is your child?

starshaker Fri 25-Jan-13 12:53:55

I know its high but is it high enough for me to be worried? Dts seems ok but is a bit sleepy and feels very hot. I cant see anything else wrong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now